Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I am in my Final year computing and going to start my Final year project at the end of January and I have a have a note-taker who take notes in all my lectures and seminar.

For final Year Project there is going to be meeting with supervisor and I was wondering would I be able to ask note-taker to come along to the meeting with supervisor

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timothylam1992)
    Hello

I am in my Final year computing and going to start my Final year project at the end of January and I have a have a note-taker who take notes in all my lectures and seminar.

For final Year Project there is going to be meeting with supervisor and I was wondering would I be able to ask note-taker to come along to the meeting with supervisor

Thanks
    There are no rules - it will very much depend on the individual supervisor. However most will be reasonable about it.

A good approach might be to email them, explain that you normally use a note-taker and that you will be bringing them to the meeting. You aren't asking permission, but you're being polite by telling them in advance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.