The Student Room Group

Is doing a dissertation compulsory inSOAS?

Hello! I've just started my first year at SOAS doing a BA in International Relations and I was just curious about whether doing a dissertation/final year project in your third year is compulsory. I was just looking at the module choices in year 2 and 3 and planning which ones I'd pick.
Reply 1
Original post by Pot8o
Hello! I've just started my first year at SOAS doing a BA in International Relations and I was just curious about whether doing a dissertation/final year project in your third year is compulsory. I was just looking at the module choices in year 2 and 3 and planning which ones I'd pick.

The programme structure is detailed at https://www.soas.ac.uk/study/find-course/ba-international-relations. I don't see anything to suggest that the "final year project" option is mandatory -- the structure says you must do "[a] minimum of 45 credits from list B", and it's possible to do that without choosing the final year project.

If you want confirmation, perhaps check with your course administrators and/or your personal tutor.
Original post by Pot8o

Hi, I'm a final year undergraduate at SOAS studying Arabic and International Relations. It's not compulsory to do a dissertation/final year project in your final year, In fact I'm not doing one this year and instead I've chosen extra modules to make up the credits!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending