Turn on thread page Beta

Banks, money transfer watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, so this is a long one. A friend (friend A) of mine paid a ticket for me, it costed £80. He paid for both mine and his. This was 1 month ago. I asked my parents if I could go, and they both said no. But my friend keeps asking me for the money.
    I found another friend (Friend B) who said that he could buy my ticket from me, and pay him.
    Seems ok so far... But A refused for B to transfer him the money. He wants me to transfer the money. But I don't want to let my parents know that I have transferred £80, because reasons.
    So I want to open up a bank account temporarily, so I get the £80 from B, and then transfer the money to A.
    Is this possible, or are there any better ideas. I am a uni student, living very far from uni, so giving money by hand is out of the question.
    Thanks for reading, TL;DR, A bought £80 ticket, parents refused, B offered to pay, A said I should pay, I don't want my parents to know.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.