The Student Room Group

Chicken Appreciation Thread

:chicken: Welcome to the Chicken Appreciation Thread! :chicken:

:party2: This is a thread for us chicken lovers from all places! :party2:

In this thread, we discuss how delicious, marvellous, and beautiful chicken is. Feel free to praise and glorify chicken, speak about what chicken you ate today, share chicken recipes, and post pictures of chicken! :yep:

We only care about a single thing - that you love chicken.

People who do not like chicken and just want to chat with us chicken-lovers are welcome too. :smile: Just do not spread any hate, please!

I will start. Today, I ate a chicken noodles soup and two double chicken cheeseburgers. :love: Because chicken is the best! :drool:

Here are various pictures of my favourite food, the glorious chicken schnitzel! :daydreaming:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Welp, I posted this in the wrong subforum. SORRY, MODS. :adore:
In :biggrin:
Two two chicken nandos:colone:
Reply 3
@toonervoustotaIk, here is the chicken appreciation thread :biggrin:

@TeenRose29, I know you would be very interested in joining us :sexface:
I like chicken and all but it's far from my favourite meat. I'd rather have a lamb curry than a chicken curry; a doner kebab rather than a chicken kebab; a beef burger rather than a chicken burger; a beef chow mein rather than a chicken chow mein; not a huge fan of chicken-based chains like Nando's or KFC, I do like them but can always think of other options I'd prefer.
nothing beats a bucket of deep fried heart attack :u:
Reply 6
Original post by WoodyMKC
I like chicken and all but it's far from my favourite meat. I'd rather have a lamb curry than a chicken curry; a doner kebab rather than a chicken kebab; a beef burger rather than a chicken burger; a beef chow mein rather than a chicken chow mein; not a huge fan of chicken-based chains like Nando's or KFC, I do like them but can always think of other options I'd prefer.

Fair enough :smile: Is there any chicken dish you particularly like? :h:

Original post by XOR_
OH JESUS I LOVE EATING CHICKEN SO MUUUUCHhhhh.

OMG ME TOO! :five: Welcome among us, your chicken-loving people :drool:

Original post by retro_turtles
nothing beats a bucket of deep fried heart attack :u:

It may be a heart attack, but it is a delicious heart attack :love:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Michiyo
Fair enough :smile: Is there any chicken dish you particularly like? :h:

Don't get me wrong, there are loads of chicken dishes that I love, but I can't help but feel that a lot of them could be improved by substituting it for another type of meat :lol: I go through a lot of chicken whilst cutting though because it's cheap and lean.

Lamb is always overcooked at restaurants, I never understand why
Reply 9
Don't get me wrong, there are loads of chicken dishes that I love, but I can't help but feel that a lot of them could be improved by substituting it for another type of meat :lol: I go through a lot of chicken whilst cutting though because it's cheap and lean.

It is also better for your health than beef, I heard :smile:

Indeed! Chicken is good and inexpensive! :love:
Original post by Michiyo

It may be a heart attack, but it is a delicious heart attack :love:

:drool:
Reply 11
:drool:

What is your favourite chicken dish? :hugs:
Original post by Michiyo
What is your favourite chicken dish? :hugs:

anything fried lol
Reply 13
anything fried lol

Same! :five: I have an affinity for schnitzels, but any fried chicken is good :love:

Original post by toonervoustotalk
In :biggrin:
Two two chicken nandos:colone:

HOW COULD I NOT SEE YOU SOONER, MY FELLOW CHICKEN LOVER? :cry2:

:hugs: With the power of CHICKEEEEENNNN!!!!

What is Nando's?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Michiyo
Same! :five: I have an affinity for schnitzels, but any fried chicken is good :love:

HOW COULD I NOT SEE YOU SOONER, MY FELLOW CHICKEN LOVER? :cry2:

:hugs: With the power of CHICKEEEEENNNN!!!!

What is Nando's?

Idk :colonhash:

Deffo!!

Nando's is a portugese restaurant that seasons chicken in a peri peri sauce and grill it and serve it to you with sides such as chips,coleslaw, rice or garlic bread to name a few
It tastes soo good :drool:
I am going there later on with my friends :biggrin:
Chicken is great.

I love making fried chicken.
Reply 16
Idk :colonhash:

Deffo!!

Nando's is a portugese restaurant that seasons chicken in a peri peri sauce and grill it and serve it to you with sides such as chips,coleslaw, rice or garlic bread to name a few
It tastes soo good :drool:
I am going there later on with my friends :biggrin:

I WANT TO EAT THEIR CHICKEN RIGHT NOW :cry2:

Thank you for telling me about it, I will have to look for any Nando's in the area I will be in when I will be in the UK :yep:

Lucky! :five: Have fun and, most of all, ENJOY THE CHICKEN FOR US! :love:

Original post by Wilfred Little
Chicken is great.

I love making fried chicken.

You. I like you. :hugs:
Original post by Michiyo
I WANT TO EAT THEIR CHICKEN RIGHT NOW :cry2:

Thank you for telling me about it, I will have to look for any Nando's in the area I will be in when I will be in the UK :yep:

Lucky! :five: Have fun and, most of all, ENJOY THE CHICKEN FOR US! :love:

You. I like you. :hugs:

No problem
Always there to spread good news about chicken:biggrin:
Ahh hope you will enjoy UK:h:

Haha i will deffo have fun
:rofl: it is true love for chicken :heart:
I think you need to post in the plants and dust thread then, or whatever it is you eat.
Reply 19
No problem
Always there to spread good news about chicken:biggrin:
Ahh hope you will enjoy UK:h:

Haha i will deffo have fun
:rofl: it is true love for chicken :heart:

I lived in the UK for two years :rofl: I especially loved buying chips (with salt, takeaway) and ordering chicken burgers with chips or pizza at ridiculous hours of the night :love:

In the town I lived in, there were this cheap and delicious delivery place and I ordered from them (always around midnight or 1 AM) as often as possible. :daydreaming: They had a DELICIOUS meat feat pizza (with chicken, spicy beef, ham, and pepperoni) and their chicken burger was perfect :drool:

Indeed, it is :heart:

Quick Reply

Latest