The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St. Andrews Computer Science applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It seems that Comp Sci admission decisions are slow. Are there many other applicants still waiting for a decision?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 21
Original post by Vville
It seems that Comp Sci admission decisions are slow. Are there many other applicants still waiting for a decision?

There aren't that much resources devoted to it and remember the people doing it are also full-time academics. The Dept. is also very oversubscribed.
My daughter was rejected by CS this week- she is from the US. She firmed Edinburgh and made Glasgow her insurance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Hey everyone
I applied for MSci early January and I'm still waiting for a decision. Does anybody know whether the decisions must be made by 31st of March or they may delay the process? I am starting to go crazy because of all this
Reply 24
Original post by pechenka
Hey everyone
I applied for MSci early January and I'm still waiting for a decision. Does anybody know whether the decisions must be made by 31st of March or they may delay the process? I am starting to go crazy because of all this

This is from St. Andrews website -
"The University of St Andrews considers each application on its merits and we are required to consider equally all applications received from UCAS by 15 January. However, the University receives many more applications from well-qualified applicants than there are places to offer. As a result, we often delay the majority of our decision-making until after this date. We aim to make all of our decisions by 31 March."
Reply 25
i had to wait 4 months after all my other choices gave me offers for them to respond back.. it was my 1st choice uni and they gave me an offer for 2018 entry. which means i have to spend the "gap year" doing a foundation programme since i'm an international student.

my grades:
predicted 40
three "6"s(CS HL, french abinitio, history SL), two "7"s(ITGS HL, math SL) and one "5"(langlit HL).
plus 3 points for the EE and ToK.

i understand since im an international applicant i am given lower priority or whatever but until i got this offer i wasn't even aware that a university would be allowed to defer my entry..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending