Turn on thread page Beta

Help! Gcse grades issue!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 2018 entry applicant currently in Year 12. I will be applying to UKCAT universities. My achieved GCSE grades are:
    4A* , 3 distinction* ,2A, 2B.
    Predicted A level grades: A*A*A (maths, chemistry and biology).

I am kind of worried about the btecs as i think they will not consider or accept them condsidering that I have already achieve 8 A* to C. :eek:
    Will university count the BTEC as 7A* or am I just at a disadvantage being that my school offered many BTECs. Do i have a strong shot at medicine or is there something else that ill need to do to be a strong candidate. And, what universities would any of you recommended that I apply to?

I really need some help and advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TracyEmu)
    I'm a 2018 entry applicant currently in Year 12. I will be applying to UKCAT universities. My achieved GCSE grades are:
    4A* , 3 distinction* ,2A, 2B.
    Predicted A level grades: A*A*A (maths, chemistry and biology).

I am kind of worried about the btecs as i think they will not consider or accept them condsidering that I have already achieve 8 A* to C. :eek:
    Will university count the BTEC as 7A* or am I just at a disadvantage being that my school offered many BTECs. Do i have a strong shot at medicine or is there something else that ill need to do to be a strong candidate. And, what universities would any of you recommended that I apply to?

I really need some help and advice.
    I don't believe that medical schools accept/take into account BTECs, especially as you already have enough GCSEs. Take a look at the entry requirements for each university and how they use your GCSE score (there's a lot to look though, otherwise I'd do it for you).

http://www.medschools.ac.uk/SiteColl...al-schools.pdf

Your grades are definitely enough for medicine. However, there is a lot more to it, as I'm sure you know! To make your application competitive, you also need to do well in the UKCAT/BMAT and write a strong personal statement based off volunteering or work experience that you've done. Some unis don't look at the personal statement so consider applying to them as a back up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ax12)
    I don't believe that medical schools accept/take into account BTECs, especially as you already have enough GCSEs. Take a look at the entry requirements for each university and how they use your GCSE score (there's a lot to look though, otherwise I'd do it for you).

http://www.medschools.ac.uk/SiteColl...al-schools.pdf

Your grades are definitely enough for medicine. However, there is a lot more to it, as I'm sure you know! To make your application competitive, you also need to do well in the UKCAT/BMAT and write a strong personal statement based off volunteering or work experience that you've done. Some unis don't look at the personal statement so consider applying to them as a back up!
    Thank you very much!! I found it quite useful

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.