The Student Room Group

Should Euthanasia be legalised in the UK?

Hi guys, im doing this for an EPQ and i just wandered what people thought of it?
Theres different types of Euthanasia and so could you specify which one you agree/disgree with and explain why.
Also could you include your religion. Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by The Sikh Doctor
Hi guys, im doing this for an EPQ and i just wandered what people thought of it?
Theres different types of Euthanasia and so could you specify which one you agree/disgree with and explain why.

I m an atheist and i think with heavy regulation that euthansia should be legal for consenting competent adults and assuming it can be proved that a minor is competent in that decision that should too.
I am a Christian and even I think euthanasia should be legalised.

Yeah yeah there's the whole 'Only God can have the right to your life, etc' but the Bible also says to help others who are suffering.

And if a person who's suffering a lot wants to die peacefully, and there is no way their situation can get better, why should we stop them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Under absolutely no circumstances. There is new technology which enables motor functions and so on being developed all the time to improve quality of life, and only a few days ago there was a story about a woman with dementia saying "no" while being given a lethal injection. Euthanasia is most likely a permanent solution for a temporary problem and it sets a dangerous precedent for a slippery slope of patient terminations.

Edit: I'm an agnostic.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by The Sikh Doctor

Can you return the favour and do mine? Its on email marketing influencing buying behaviour and takes less than 5 mins! Cheers :smile: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/3T7WHZH

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending