The Student Room Group

Product Design - Best Uni

Hi, Which are the best unis for Product Design? And does anyone know which are rated well by employers?
Thanks
Original post by joolzc
Hi, Which are the best unis for Product Design? And does anyone know which are rated well by employers?
Thanks

Hey joolzc!

Have you heard of Ravensbourne before? We're based in London and we offer a BA (Hons) Product Design course here that might be right for you. Here is a link to the course page for more info:

https://www.ravensbourne.ac.uk/study-here/undergraduate/school-of-design/department-of-design-practice/ba-hons-design-products/

Ravensbourne has a heavy focus on the industry which includes: strong industry links, live client projects and internships, getting us industry ready by providing us with cutting-edge, open-access prototyping studios.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask on here or PM us!

Jordan :biggrin:
I've been looking into going to uni for product design for the last few years, from what I can tell:
Loughborough and Brunel are the most well-rated uni's for product design, they are both well-known in the field.
Others occasionally mentioned are Northumbria - their design for industry course as they got rid of their industrial design course.
Strathclyde - very technical orientation.
Bournemouth seems like a fun course but I don't hear anyone talking about it.

I've applied to uni this year and i've firmed loughborough with northumbria as my insurance, I went to interviews at both and I've been to a strathclyde open day.

Scottish uni's don't tend to have placements and most [people would recommend going to a uni that offers a placement year for product design.

Quick Reply

Latest