The Student Room Group

Product design courses

Hi guys I’ve been kinda rejected from a lot of unis😭 So now I’m looking for some more courses with lower requirements. Does anyone know any uni that offer BA Product Design that requires lower grades? (I didn’t do A level, I did a thing called NCEA from New Zealand.)

I don’t know how to compare the two qualifications but like NCEA if you mess up just 1 credits your grade can go down to only Achieved (Closet to C) . I did pretty well in Yr13 I got a lot of Excellent and Merit( would compare to A and B) but unfortunately I messed up one unit and I got kicked to overall grade “Achieved(C)” Now no universities want me to study at their schools. My next plan is to apply for extras so if there’s any decent universities with lower requirements please please drop the names
Reply 1
Unis will be familar with international qualifications so I guess getting the C equivalent will restrict you. Consider doing a 'foundation year' before the actual degree. This may be your best option with an equivalent of CCC. For e.g. Loughborough - n highly regarded uni - offer product design with a foundation year. Less prestigious unis that offer the same route include Sheffield Hallam, Birmingham City Uni, Manchester met, Bradford Uni and many more.
Reply 2
Original post by mike23mike
Unis will be familar with international qualifications so I guess getting the C equivalent will restrict you. Consider doing a 'foundation year' before the actual degree. This may be your best option with an equivalent of CCC. For e.g. Loughborough - n highly regarded uni - offer product design with a foundation year. Less prestigious unis that offer the same route include Sheffield Hallam, Birmingham City Uni, Manchester met, Bradford Uni and many more.

I kinda wanna skip foundation year if possible cos my parents have to pay about a million thai baht( about 20k gbp) for me each year so I want to graduate as quick as possible so that I don’t cost them more money but I get that if I do foundation year and get into a good uni then i might be able to make more money in the future. This is so hard to decide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending