The Student Room Group

Is there hope for my maths grade?

I'm on a grade D (D+ if it makes any difference to the optimists out here) and I need a grade B to meet entry requirements for my first choice college (bagged an interview since my teacher predicted the highest people in the class as Bs despite the underperformance from everyone). I'm doing the new 9-1 syllabus and I don't really know what to expect.

An A is ideal since I want to do physics at A-Level but I won't personally be happy with anything below a B, first choice college or not.
Of course it's achievable.
I'm predicted a scale 6, and I definitely need it in the real GCSEs.
In a few weeks, i'm gonna have maths mocks, and I need a scale 4-5 if I want to do higher.
You can do it!x :biggrin:
Original post by orderofthelotus
I'm on a grade D (D+ if it makes any difference to the optimists out here) and I need a grade B to meet entry requirements for my first choice college (bagged an interview since my teacher predicted the highest people in the class as Bs despite the underperformance from everyone). I'm doing the new 9-1 syllabus and I don't really know what to expect.

An A is ideal since I want to do physics at A-Level but I won't personally be happy with anything below a B, first choice college or not.

It definitely is, just have some belief in yourself and work hard.
Anything is possible if you put your mind to it. I was predicted a C and got an A. Just put in the effort and you'll get it.
Thanks guys, I feel a bit better now ^^ Better spend more time revising than worrying haha
Original post by BradonKirwan
Anything is possible if you put your mind to it. I was predicted a C and got an A. Just put in the effort and you'll get it.

How do you do that! thats amazing and i aspire to achieve something like this but i got a U in my mocks and predicted 4 but i have to get 6 and i only have 3 months :frown: how do i do it i would really appreciate your help! :smile:
I also want to do physics a level and in the same situation i feel you...

Quick Reply

Latest