The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

MRes Developmental Neuroscience and Psychopathology 2017

Hello!

I was wondering if there are any applicants out there who got an invitation for the interview?

It would be nice to have a chat!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello! I've just received an invitation to interview today, I'm really excited but I'm super nervous!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Hi!
I've received an invitation as well! When is yours going to be? Mine is on the 7th of March - did not expect it to be so early!
How are you preparing for it?
Reply 3
Same, when did you submit your application? My interview is on the 6th of March, so we've missed each other by a hair! I've had a look through the old threads and I think I'm going to prepare a few answers, and prepare some questions of my own. How about you?
Reply 4
I submitted my application 3 weeks ago, what about you? Are you going to London for your interview? I'm living in Scotland atm, so I'll have mine over skype.
I was thinking the same, I also asked them if they can offer any guidance so let's see what they reply!
Reply 5
Original post by BiancaNa
I submitted my application 3 weeks ago, what about you? Are you going to London for your interview? I'm living in Scotland atm, so I'll have mine over skype.
I was thinking the same, I also asked them if they can offer any guidance so let's see what they reply!

I applied around 3 weeks ago as well. Yeah I'm going to London for the interview! I'm really excited to visit the Anna Freud Centre :smile: Are you applying to other unis as well?
Reply 6
Original post by nakd1997
I applied around 3 weeks ago as well. Yeah I'm going to London for the interview! I'm really excited to visit the Anna Freud Centre :smile: Are you applying to other unis as well?

I've applied to Groningen uni in the Netherlands, and to Humboldt uni in Berlin! I might squeeze in another application, possibly to King's college, but I'm currently working on my dissertation plus other course work so let's see if I find time for that haha
What about yourself?
Hi! I also got an invitation for interview, currently reviewing a bit of the research I'm more interested in... I had kind of forgotten about it, never thought I had a chance and was planning on going to another course at UCL. Are you guys doing any specific preparation for the interview?
Reply 8
Original post by Irene137392
Hi! I also got an invitation for interview, currently reviewing a bit of the research I'm more interested in... I had kind of forgotten about it, never thought I had a chance and was planning on going to another course at UCL. Are you guys doing any specific preparation for the interview?

Me too! I was really shocked when I got the email. Are you applying to other programmes as well? I am just preparing answers for the typical interview questions and reading up on articles. How about you, and when do you have your interview? Best of luck! :smile:

I've applied to Groningen uni in the Netherlands, and to Humboldt uni in Berlin! I might squeeze in another application, possibly to King's college, but I'm currently working on my dissertation plus other course work so let's see if I find time for that haha
What about yourself?

I've applied to King's as well, but my referees haven't uploaded my references which is quite frustrating!
(edited 7 years ago)
I got accepted by UCL and kings for two courses in clinical psychology. My interview is also on the 7th! Best of luck.
Ohhh congrats that's amazing! What other course did you apply for at UCL? I also applied for the dev psychology and clinical practice msc, so I have two interviews in the same week! 😩
Reply 11
I've applied to King's as well, but my referees haven't uploaded my references which is quite frustrating!

What course did you apply to? I was looking at the clinical neurodevelopmental sciences MSc but I am a bit unsure about the application process since it looks like some courses require a personal statement and some don't?
Reply 12
Original post by Irene137392
I got accepted by UCL and kings for two courses in clinical psychology. My interview is also on the 7th! Best of luck.

Wow that's so good! Good luck for your interview :smile:

Also, I was just curious of knowing if any of you are thinking about taking a gap year before doing a masters?
What course did you apply to? I was looking at the clinical neurodevelopmental sciences MSc but I am a bit unsure about the application process since it looks like some courses require a personal statement and some don't?

Yeah I applied for that course :smile: I was also a bit confused about that, but I did submit a personal statement for my application. I think with some courses a personal statement might be optional, but it's probably best to write one anyways! I am definitely thinking about taking a gap year as the scholarship I was planning to apply for moved their deadline. Are you thinking about it as well?
Reply 14
I also got an interview invitation and my interview will be held tomorrow. So panic about this right now. I wish I have seen this thread earlier. How's your guys' preparation now.
Reply 15
Yeah I applied for that course :smile: I was also a bit confused about that, but I did submit a personal statement for my application. I think with some courses a personal statement might be optional, but it's probably best to write one anyways! I am definitely thinking about taking a gap year as the scholarship I was planning to apply for moved their deadline. Are you thinking about it as well?

I am, it all depends on what courses I get accepted on and if I can defer entry!

I hope your interview went well today! keep us posted on what they decide, who knows, we might meet in London some day :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Minghui
I also got an interview invitation and my interview will be held tomorrow. So panic about this right now. I wish I have seen this thread earlier. How's your guys' preparation now.

Good luck! I prepared a few classic interview questions and tried to think of what they might ask me based on my personal statement
I am, it all depends on what courses I get accepted on and if I can defer entry!

I hope your interview went well today! keep us posted on what they decide, who knows, we might meet in London some day :smile:

Thank you, I hope yours went well too! They said yesterday was their first day of interviews so should hear back in 3 weeks, fingers crossed!
:smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I got the interview on Monday, which I thought it was a disaster. But I received the email notify that I got in!!!
So just be relax in your interview. I think they hold the interview to meet you in person. And the interviewer from Yale looks so serious. Just don't panic and be yourself! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending