The Student Room Group
loughborough is a good uni and has slightly lower ucas points required - i think they ask for bbc or bcc...

if you want to know anything about lboro for sociology, just ask!
Reply 3
Cambridge does Social and Political Sciences, in which while you participate in a broad first year, you can then specilise in Sociology for the next 2 years. The standard offer is AAA.
Reply 4
York has a pretty well respected Sociology dept; the grades are BBB-ish, also.
x
Reply 5
Does anyone know what Manchester Metropolitan is like for Sociology? That's the one I really want to go to. :biggrin:
Reply 6
clefeen206
Does anyone know what Manchester Metropolitan is like for Sociology? That's the one I really want to go to. :biggrin:

Why don't you have a look at the online prospectus for Manchester Met, and then look at others to compare them?
Looking on the leage tables posted above is useful as well
It also depends on what you want from the university (how corny!:smile: ). Manchester Met tends not to appear in the top 20s of league tables, but, if you really want to study there then going somewhere more prestigous might not be for you.
It's your choice really. Look at the league tables to get a gist of the 'best' unis for Sociology, but then find out what you want and decide from there:smile:
Reply 7
Essex is definitely one of the best in terms of academic reputation.

Latest

Trending

Trending