The Student Room Group

masters in forensic mental health

im thinking of applying to do a masters in forensic mental health and am currently doing a dual honours with criminology and sociology. Would sociology limit my chances of succeeding with the application? I read that many criminology graduates go into this field, but it didn't specify with sociology.
Original post by gyahrralist
im thinking of applying to do a masters in forensic mental health and am currently doing a dual honours with criminology and sociology. Would sociology limit my chances of succeeding with the application? I read that many criminology graduates go into this field, but it didn't specify with sociology.

Hey,

This will depend on the university and course; I would check the page of the specific master's you want to apply for!

For instance, I had a quick look at the forensic mental health master's at King's, and they just want a 2:1 in a relevant subject e.g. criminology and specify an interest in the link between mental illness and crime, so you should be okay! I would just recommend investigating the specific courses and universities you want to apply for! Maybe even contact them if you want to make sure, but I don't think the addition of sociology would limit you if you meet their other requirements :smile:

Best of luck with everything & if you need anymore advice about master's applications, let me know!!

Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending