The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

How lenient are University of Kent when they're your insurance?

I'm applying to uni and I think i'm going to put university of surrey as my firm, and university of kent. However, they want me to get DM and then an A, and I'm worried I might not get the A. If they are my insurance would they still let me in?
Reply 1
Original post by err99
I'm applying to uni and I think i'm going to put university of surrey as my firm, and university of kent. However, they want me to get DM and then an A, and I'm worried I might not get the A. If they are my insurance would they still let me in?

If you don't get the specified grades (or higher) then you have missed your offer. Unis can take some applicants who miss their offer, but they can't take everyone - they haven't got infinite rooms and tutors etc. So whether you will be accepted depends on how everyone else does. If they have 100 places and 100 people meet their offer then there's no room for you, but if only 99 people meet their offer you have a chance.

Because of this, nobody can tell you if you will definitely be accepted. Even the uni won't know yet.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending