The Student Room Group

Leicester or Kent

Trying to figure out which university to insure for psychology.

Both have the same grade requirements and I really like both unis and places. Can anyone tell me what each uni was like for psychology or even any other course?
Original post by LoafOfBread05

Both have the same grade requirements and I really like both unis and places. Can anyone tell me what each uni was like for psychology or even any other course?

Hi @LoafOfBread05 ,

What are you looking for in a degree/university? Have you been to the open days for either of them, if so what did you think?

I can only really speak for Kent and I know how hard it is to shortlist universities without knowing much about them so if you have any questions you are welcome to ask us!

I am in my final year of Psychology (I also did a placement year with the NHS after my second year) hoping to do a masters and PhD here too because I have genuinely enjoyed the psychology staff and teaching. I also like the City of Canterbury especially in the summer, we have lots of green spaces where students go for picnics, walks and also studying when its exam season. There is also a lot of things to do and the town centre is a 15 minute walk from campus.

I hope this helps and remember to choose the university that is right for you not family/friends.

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Original post by LoafOfBread05

Hey!!

Just wanted to add to what Alia said! I understand how hard it is to choose an insurance choice for uni! I actually ended up transferring at the end of my first year from my original firm choice (UEA) to my insurance (Kent)! I can only speak for those two unis really, but the Kent teaching in my opinion was far more supportive!

I also like the Kent campus and teaching environment - most Psychology teaching takes place in Keynes college, which has all the facilities you will need during your degree! It has loads of cool labs for research too, like a bar lab, VR lab and exercise lab.

I personally have since stayed at kent for both my masters and am currently doing a PhD, and there are many other people who are in the same boat as me! I think the fact a lot of people stay on at kent shows how much they like it haha 🙂

Best of luck with everything!!
Natalie

Quick Reply

Latest