The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Grades to get into Sheffield

i'm expected to get an AAA for my final exams, however i feel like one of my tests went bad and sheffield want AAB from me to study english lit. are they lenient with the grades? i'm still hopeful ill get the A in english its just one of my other subjects... however, i know english lit is a small cohort currently so maybe??? if anyone knows pls lmk!!
Original post by delsiya
i'm expected to get an AAA for my final exams, however i feel like one of my tests went bad and sheffield want AAB from me to study english lit. are they lenient with the grades? i'm still hopeful ill get the A in english its just one of my other subjects... however, i know english lit is a small cohort currently so maybe??? if anyone knows pls lmk!!

No university is lenient. On A level results day, they'll confirm that places of firm offer-holders who met their grade requirements. Then they'll do the same for those who were holding insurance offers, but where their firm choice didn't accept them.

At that point they'll see if they have any space left on the course. If they don't, it's game over. If they do, then they might look at "near miss" offer-holders and fill the course by confirming their places (although not necessarily all such offer-holders). Or, if they think they can get better quality students by opening the course to Clearing, then they'll do that.

So, as I say, they're not "lenient". It all comes down to the numbers. Unfortunately, nobody will know the numbers until the results are out.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending