The Student Room Group

Feel like I'm failing A levels :(

I'm in year 12 and im studying Psychology, Media & Law. I just did my mocks and I got BBC. I feel like no matter how hard I try I'm just always stuck on B's and even though that's good, I really want AAB in my a levels. I work so hard but I can never get an A it makes me feel really stupid especially because I have a friend who's constantly getting A's in every subject. There's nothing I want more than to get amazing a level grades but I just can't seem to get those A's. I understand everything in lesson and I do revise but how can I revise really effectively to get A's??
If you're looking to get AAB at the end of A2, getting BBC is perfectly acceptable at this stage.
It depends whether thise subjects count towards your a2 or if they are a stand alone qualification.
If its a standalone make sure you do well but its not the end of the world if you don't get the best. Work harder in A level because they are damn hard
Maybe you should put all of your notes into flashcards and test yourself that way because flashcarding is the only way to see whether or not you truly know the content
Original post by rdlewiss
I'm in year 12 and im studying Psychology, Media & Law. I just did my mocks and I got BBC. I feel like no matter how hard I try I'm just always stuck on B's and even though that's good, I really want AAB in my a levels. I work so hard but I can never get an A it makes me feel really stupid especially because I have a friend who's constantly getting A's in every subject. There's nothing I want more than to get amazing a level grades but I just can't seem to get those A's. I understand everything in lesson and I do revise but how can I revise really effectively to get A's??

So because of your hard work, I assume your subject knowledge is perfect. The thing now you must tackle to get to the next level is exam technique.
Dont worry you are not alone, when i was doing my AS biology i knew the subject 100% inside out and would often get a C in a past paper!! I later realised its sooooo important to learn how marks are awarded. It is also crucial to memorise mark schemes too! This really improved my performance to an A!!
If you are doing an essay subject, just memorise the structure of exemplar essays, and try and recreate this when doing your own titles. Even learn key phrases/paragraphs!!
A levels just about playing the game!
Just smash every past paper 2 times its legit the best way regardless of subject. This only works of course when you have covered the specification for the paper of course. Just when you finish a particular unit revise it all then go straight into papers. Record your grades on them. get your teachers to mark them if not then harsh mark it. Make sure your wording it correct because a lot of people think they know stuff but the way they phrase it is terrible and so examiners don't award marks. So learn the best way to phrase common sentences.
Reply 6
Original post by rosie.mn
If you're looking to get AAB at the end of A2, getting BBC is perfectly acceptable at this stage.

What would I need to get in A2 for AAB overall?

At a guess, A*A*A, unless you're retaking

Oh I figured that your courses were linear, so that you would have plenty of time to improve your performance. Start revising now and the hard work will pay off.

Quick Reply

Latest