The Student Room Group

Financial aids for international student

Hello! So I have the british passport and I have lived in the UK for over three years in the past but I am an international student because I have not lived in the UK for the past 5 years so I will most likely not receive student finance. I was wondering if there are any ways for international students to receive some sort of financial aid like short term loans? And also are there any banks that offer overdrafts to international students?
Reply 1
Original post by Byun.B
Hello! So I have the british passport and I have lived in the UK for over three years in the past but I am an international student because I have not lived in the UK for the past 5 years so I will most likely not receive student finance. I was wondering if there are any ways for international students to receive some sort of financial aid like short term loans? And also are there any banks that offer overdrafts to international students?

The 5 year rule only applies to EU residents. If you came to the UK from outside the EU, you didn't just come here for education and you can prove that you've lived here for at least 3 years, then you will be entitled to the Student Finance Maintenance Loan and Tuition Fee Loan (unless you have certain kinds of refugee status).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending