The Student Room Group

Religious Islam vs. Political Islam.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joe cooley
The fact that we imported these rapists is also abhorrent.

The fact that we are still importing them is abhorrent.

The fact that the authorities and the media covered up their crimes is also abhorrent.

The fact that the left happily sacrificed 1400 young girls on the altar of multiculturalism is also abhorrent.

Wouldn't you agree?

Imported? You make it sound like we put a small ad in the local newspaper saying, "Wanted. Foreign rapists."

If "imported" rapists (and some of these men were British born) get your goat, one has to speculate that perhaps you look more favourably on British rapists? Do you? Does it really matter where a rapist comes from? Surely they are all abhorant no?

?

But conversely, our economy would be in tatters. Immigrants saved our bacon after the war and got us back up and working. We wouldn't be half the country we are today without immigrants.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if you honestly believe we would be some sort of law abiding Utopian wonderland without immigrants, you are sadly deluded.
Original post by ByEeek
But conversely, our economy would be in tatters. Immigrants saved our bacon after the war and got us back up and working. We wouldn't be half the country we are today without immigrants.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but if you honestly believe we would be some sort of law abiding Utopian wonderland without immigrants, you are sadly deluded.

Two things:

When did i say i disagreed with all immigration, be specific please.

Indeed immigration is so fantastic, and i'm sure the poorest paid Brits who have experienced downward pressure on their earnings thanks to unlimited E.European immigration would totally agree.

Totally.

When did i say i disagreed with all immigration, be specific please.

When you said "The fact that we imported these rapists is also abhorrent." You make it sound like we went shopping specifically for foreign born rapists which we didn't. Since you don't know if someone is a rapist until they commit the offense there is no way of stopping such things from happening. It is part of the risk of having a relaxed immigration policy. So if you find immigrant rapists so abhorrent, (as opposed to rapists in general) one has to assume you hold a dim view on immigration.

Either that you you need to make known your prejudices more clearly.
Original post by ByEeek
When you said "The fact that we imported these rapists is also abhorrent." You make it sound like we went shopping specifically for foreign born rapists which we didn't. Since you don't know if someone is a rapist until they commit the offense there is no way of stopping such things from happening. It is part of the risk of having a relaxed immigration policy. So if you find immigrant rapists so abhorrent, (as opposed to rapists in general) one has to assume you hold a dim view on immigration.

Either that you you need to make known your prejudices more clearly.

Do you as an individual believe that the UK would be a better place if these child rapists had not been allowed to come to the UK:

Yes?
or
No?
Do you as an individual believe that the UK would be a better place if these child rapists had not been allowed to come to the UK:

Yes?
or
No?

Of course not. But as someone with their head planted firmly in reality, their visa application isn't exactly going to say "Child rapist" under occupation is it?

So my question to you - how do you stop someone coming to this country who goes on to commit offenses once they arrive if they have no past history?
Reply 26
Original post by iqra2159
How many more threads are you going to make about Muslims?
Threads against Islam is the fastest growing subject on TSR.
We ain't going nowhere. Get used to us!
Reply 27
Original post by QE2
Threads against Islam is the fastest growing subject on TSR.
We ain't going nowhere. Get used to us!

I give a damn :colonhash:
Reply 28
No sir it's not

Say whatever you want it's not like anything's changing
Nothing's changing? Are you sure? Do you not read the news? Have you not read any history?
Reply 29
Original post by QE2
Nothing's changing? Are you sure? Do you not read the news? Have you not read any history?

Can you stop quoting me I don't give a f*ck
Reply 30
Original post by ByEeek
Yep - pretty horrendous. But of course, all those murders, gun attacks, drugs wars, rapes and other awful acts committed by white people and not classified as acts of terror. They don't see us running for the hills. It is just one of those things we as a society have to deal with.

But if a brown man comes along and does awful things... quick, fetch the pitch fork.
The majority of violent crime is committed out of self-interest, often between people known to each other or in contextually logical situations.

Ideologically motivated violence that deliberately and randomly targets the public at large is clearly a different issue. To claim otherwise is disingenuous.
Reply 31
Original post by h333
'Secular state' , I didn't know that.
It's not constitutionally secular, but it is generally secular in practice.
Reply 32
Original post by Sadanon12
"Silence criticism of Islam" lmao, oh dear.
People are free to debate and criticise as much as they want, nobody is stopping him/you from doing so. No one calls for these threads to be removed? Paranoid snowflake.
You are wrong. I have been carded for "mocking others' beliefs" (this usually involves being critical of doctrine, rather than going "Haha, you're stupid for believing that"). Many of my posts and even threads have been deleted. I never post anything that is not supported by evidence or reason. On TSR, you cannot simply "debate and criticise as much as you want". There is a special interest group on here whose members stalk certain posters, reporting anything that challenges their beliefs.
Reply 33
I give a damn :colonhash:
It would appear that you do.
Reply 34
Can you stop quoting me I don't give a f*ck
Of course you don't.
Reply 35
Original post by QE2
It would appear that you do.

No :h:

I'm living a happy life with my family and this sh*t doesn't effect me at all

Also, I just don't like thing being repeated over and over again
Reply 36
Original post by QE2
Of course you don't.

You got that right :tongue:
No :h:

I'm living a happy life with my family and this sh*t doesn't effect me at all

Also, I just don't like thing being repeated over and over again

You got that right :tongue:

Double reply tho, man's getting defensive innit
Reply 38
Original post by Zargabaath
Double reply tho, man's getting defensive innit

Reply 39
Ironic much?
And not the best meme to illustrate someone who doesn't care about things going against them!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending