The Student Room Group

Who will you vote for in the June 2017 General Election?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quamquam123
Hopefully [for us], the Mass PM for the upcoming General Election will boost tunout too. :wink:

The PM should be sent only to the tory voters on here.
Amendment time:tongue:
Original post by Midlander
Intelligence is voting for an articulate liar who makes up plans as she goes and dismantles public services, then. This is one of the richest countries in the world, it is simply a question of priorities. For 7 years we have had cuts all over the place and the deficit remains high when Osborne vowed it would be gone by now. Time to follow the model laid out by Trudeau in Canada. Dare I say by the way that the rise in the tax free allowance has cost us a fair whack, but nobody criticises Philip 'Grey Goose' Hammond.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're not rich though. The Blair and Brown duo :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ed the economy in the first place.
Original post by Quady
Sharing in the proceeds of growth.

Also, why shouldn't taxes be raised? The Tories have been doing just that with their last budget.

Tories are only doing it as a temporary measure to reduce the huge deficit.
Original post by missedhit
There has been plenty of foreign investment and a many high earners living in the UK when taxes were higher. Companies and people aren't water, they won't change their schedules and lives because taxes increased by a few percent. The cost of moving is higher than the tax increase most of the time.

Believe me when I say no companies would invest with him.
Original post by fleky6910
Would you like to join the conservatives in the model house of commons?
Apply to our usergroup .
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/pro...editusergroups

Have done!
The PM should be sent only to the tory voters on here.
Amendment time:tongue:

Yeah...

Not sure such an amendment would pass mate :tongue:
For the record, I, nor my family, are wealthy. Both of my parents work hard to have a home of their own, a car of their own, life's luxuries, and to support me. That's why I will vote conservative.
Reply 187
Original post by abrack
Tories are only doing it as a temporary measure to reduce the huge deficit.

Really?

They introduced the new system for taxing dividends one year ago. Since then the deficit has been lower than expected. So why raise the tax at this budget?

You seriously suggesting duty will be reduced in the future?
Original post by abrack
Have done!

Nice one mate, look forward to seeing you in the subforum.
@mobbsy91 is our leader.( do a dupe check boss then accept him).

You should be accepted in a 2-3 days time.
Any questions about the model house of commons , feel free to ask me.
Thanks for joining and one last thing.
Continue owning leftists:wink:
Original post by Quady
Really?

They introduced the new system for taxing dividends one year ago. Since then the deficit has been lower than expected. So why raise the tax at this budget?

You seriously suggesting duty will be reduced in the future?

Yes. And it will be.
Reply 190
Original post by abrack
For the record, I, nor my family, are wealthy. Both of my parents work hard to have a home of their own, a car of their own, life's luxuries, and to support me. That's why I will vote conservative.

Your family has luxuaries but isn't wealthy...?

Bit of a contradiction in terms.

Unless you're of the school of thought where wealthy is 'someone better off than me'.
Reply 191
Original post by abrack
Yes. And it will be.

Since the Tories don't plan for the UK to be out of deficit, how can you be so sure?
Original post by Quady
Your family has luxuaries but isn't wealthy...?

Bit of a contradiction in terms.

Unless you're of the school of thought where wealthy is 'someone better off than me'.

When I say that, I mean like Sky Sports, not a :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing super yacht.
Original post by Quady
Since the Tories don't plan for the UK to be out of deficit, how can you be so sure?

Where do they say they intend to remain in deficit?
Reply 194
Original post by abrack
When I say that, I mean like Sky Sports, not a :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing super yacht.

So wealthy means super yacht level. Thought so. Yacht fine, hard working/not wealthy. Oh a super yacht - well looks like we've got ourselves a wealthy.

Its a relative term.
Reply 195
Original post by abrack
Where do they say they intend to remain in deficit?

March budget, only forecasted deficits in future years.
Original post by Quady
So wealthy means super yacht level. Thought so. Yacht fine, hard working/not wealthy. Oh a super yacht - well looks like we've got ourselves a wealthy.

Its a relative term.

It was a hyperbole to your ridiculous assumption.
Original post by Quady
March budget, only forecasted deficits in future years.

Whatever the way, we're getting out of the deficit with the Tories... we will be in more of one is Labour win. (Which they will not, that is something I can guarantee you.)
I did not give you one example I gave you several
You are truly stupid, the facts show Osborne cut corp tax and revenues increased and the same applies to Lawson yet you are complaining hurr durr "tax cuts for the rich".
I challenged you on revenue and you were wrong.
I could also challenge you on growth as well as morally.
Scrapping the 50p tax rate was backed by many well respected economists.
I did not show one example but several where you have simply dodged them and not addressed because you know you are wrong.

Example, I gave you Ireland.
You are so stupid you don't even realise the rich are paying more tax under Osborne/Hammond then they were under Labour.
Nice one you dodged all the points.

Your incoherent garbage just does not stack up.
You have no clue about economics yet babble on claiming you do,
It is no crime to be ignorant of economics as one of my favourite economists said,

There we are below. The points you dodged.

Funny how you responded to neither of the posts which actually had empirical evidence and economics
Awww does someone want their mother so they can go cry.

Well if you would, just for a second, stop being so intelligent and become as stupid as me, maybe then you would notice that what I did was 1. acknowledge your points and 2. put forward my point of view, which does not disagree with yours, only questions it. I am not here to argue with you. But you keep going at me, like a true keyboard warrior, as if you are fighting for a TSR Politics Award of the Year. Lets agree you won your award, yay, be happy.

To abrack, it is worth proving yourself as trustworthy and skilled before using the words 'believe me'. A lesson you learn in the real world. I won't entertain your bs.
Reply 199
Original post by abrack
Whatever the way, we're getting out of the deficit with the Tories... we will be in more of one is Labour win. (Which they will not, that is something I can guarantee you.)

Which is better?
1% gdp budget deficit, 2% gdp growth, or
1% budget surplus, 1% gdp growth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending