The Student Room Group

Who will you vote for in the June 2017 General Election?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little_H
just wait till june 9th, hopefully you'll be even more shocked :smile:

Don't waste your first vote on tories who work for no one but the rich and privileged.
Original post by sarahwatson23
Don't waste your first vote on tories who work for no one but the rich and privileged.

i guess you'll be voting for corbyn then. there is no way that laughing stock of a politician will ever get anywhere near no.10, he may have the support of his party membership, but he seems to be forgetting about the electorate. Theresa May is the only person who can successfully lead this country through brexit. The lib dems are too small to be relevant.
i guess you'll be voting for corbyn then. there is no way that laughing stock of a politician will ever get anywhere near no.10, he may have the support of his party membership, but he seems to be forgetting about the electorate. Theresa May is the only person who can successfully lead this country through brexit. The lib dems are too small to be relevant.

Jeremy Corbyn may not be perfect but the tories are awful, a labour government would be a 100% positive change.
Is brexit more important than the NHS?
Original post by Bornblue
Long term what do you think Labour have to do to reestablish themselves in Scotland? Seems hard to believe that this time two years ago they had around 40 Scottish MPs.

They need to get rid of career politicians who all have the same backgrounds and don't care about ordinary people.
Then they need a policy on independence, if they are pro-union then why stand candidates who would vote for a second referendum?
Original post by sarahwatson23
Jeremy Corbyn may not be perfect but the tories are awful, a labour government would be a 100% positive change.
Is brexit more important than the NHS?

Whoever is in power won't be fixing the NHS neither labour or Tory will be funding it much more than it is now and both have committed to getting rid of the deficit on day to day spending which includes the NHS.

What you may find both party's saying when the manifestos are released is that they will get to zero in 2022 allowing things to go easier on budgets

Posted from TSR Mobile
Make June the end of May!
Original post by missedhit
Make June the end of May!

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

And Tim Farron is a minger.
Reply 288
The last YouGov poll gives 48% for the Tories. It would be crazy if they got the absolute majority of the popular vote.
@Airmed who are you voting for, my Welsh friend? :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by Paracosm
@Airmed who are you voting for, my Welsh friend? :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

:rofl:

I am never doing the isidewith quiz while sleep deprived ever again :lol:

Spoiler

Original post by Airmed
:rofl:

I am never doing the isidewith quiz while sleep deprived ever again :lol:

Spoiler

This is the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life.

@RayApparently, get a load of this :toofunny:
Original post by Paracosm
This is the funniest thing I have ever seen in my life.

@RayApparently, get a load of this :toofunny:

It's scarily hilarious :rofl:
Original post by Josb
The last YouGov poll gives 48% for the Tories. It would be crazy if they got the absolute majority of the popular vote.

If the Tories get over 45% then they are likely above 50% in England.

Thought it worth noting for everybody that in 6 weeks Labour may not have a single Welsh seat north of the southern blob. Incredible.
Reply 294
Original post by Rakas21
If the Tories get over 45% then they are likely above 50% in England.

Thought it worth noting for everybody that in 6 weeks Labour may not have a single Welsh seat north of the southern blob. Incredible.

As I pointed out above, they might even win by a bigger margin than in 1931.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Josb

I hope they do, it'd hopefully drive home to middle class liberal students that their social media friendship circles aren't representative of the entire country and in fact they're the minority.
Original post by pol pot noodles
I hope they do, it'd hopefully drive home to middle class liberal students that their social media friendship circles aren't representative of the entire country and in fact they're the minority.

I'm not really sure why people are being criticised for being middle class and liberal.
Reply 297
just wait till june 9th, hopefully you'll be even more shocked :smile:

I think many people across the land will put their faith in the Conservatives and make Theresa win a landslide never seen before since Blair's in 1997. Many people are seeing the CONs as a viable option against the SNP (figure 1). There will be a tremendous swing from Labour to CON (ie Copeland by election).

Just take a look at what happened last year, the CONs will almost certainly be a formidable threat to many seats in the borders and north east (where I live). I think not only labour, but quite possibly the SNP are in for a shock. That's why the SNP abstained in parliament against the snap election because they are worried they will lose some of their 56 seats and lose clout.

The lib dems will certainly do well also, perhaps being a threat to some CON seats in SW England.

3 key areas to gauge the tories strength on election night:

1: CON gain from SNP in borders or NE Scot. (Really looking forward to that!)
2: CON's gain from key labour strongholds in NE Eng, S Wales, London etc.
3: CON's hold onto the seats they gained from the Lib Dems in 2015. (Remember Richmond Park By-election).

Figure 1 : Scottish Parliament Election 2016 result. SNP lost majority of seats, primarily to the expense of the CON's and Lib Dems, and to greens in additional member vote.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 298

Totally agree - pretty sad my University here in Aberdeen are still flying the EU flag... I believe the CON's will do very well across the country, even in SNP locked down Scotland!

Original post by Rakas21

It would be absolutely astounding if that happened. I think the swing from UKIP to CON will play a major role in this election. Take Bridgend in the south of Wales as an example of what I mean by this (please see link to result below).

GE 2015 result in Bridgend, illustrating the UKIP surge, Lib Dem flop and Labour hold. What is interesting here is if the UKIP voters went to the CON's, they would easily topple labour. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridgend_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

Wales is definitely somewhere to look out for to see what damage the tories can do to labour areas. We'll soon find out how loyal the traditional Labour areas remain.
(edited 7 years ago)

lol, imagine the outrage on Twitter and Facebook. It would be glorious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending