The Student Room Group

Resitting AS Mathematics

I got a D last year. Wanting to bump to a C how many hour have you guys put on this subject do you think to obtain a decent grade? Also should I just grind past papers?
Original post by Geoul
I got a D last year. Wanting to bump to a C how many hour have you guys put on this subject do you think to obtain a decent grade? Also should I just grind past papers?

Past papers are the best way. aim to complete all of them.
Original post by Geoul

Im doing Edexcel, last years C1 paper was ridiculously hard so I ended getting a 'D' as well! It was nothing like past papers so I have no idea how to prepare for it!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Philip-flop
Im doing Edexcel, last years C1 paper was ridiculously hard so I ended getting a 'D' as well! It was nothing like past papers so I have no idea how to prepare for it!

Exactly hahaha.. Its so crazy... The content was a jump from my A grade in IGCSE
Reply 4
Original post by HopelessMedic
Past papers are the best way. aim to complete all of them.

I know a friend who hit A* in Accounting he said he did 50+ past papers. But I know syllabus changes over a period of time over the years should I start from the most recent down to the past, or from past to recent papers?
Original post by Geoul
I know a friend who hit A* in Accounting he said he did 50+ past papers. But I know syllabus changes over a period of time over the years should I start from the most recent down to the past, or from past to recent papers?

What exam board you doing?

I would say start from the oldest and work towards the new ones as they usually get harder.
Now that you know A2 maths it C1 and C2 should be a walk in the park you might need brushing up on a few topics tho but i would suggest going through past papers and especially solomon papers as they are quite challenging and some really test your knowledge.
Reply 7
Original post by HopelessMedic
What exam board you doing?

I would say start from the oldest and work towards the new ones as they usually get harder.

Exam Board: CIE (Cambridge International Examinations) Yeah I guess ill try that from earliest to the most recent
Just do past papers, although C1 should be a breeze. I managed to achieve 94 UMS in C1 last year after doing every past paper from 2004 onwards in only 3 days before the exam. Just stay motivated!

Quick Reply

Latest