The Student Room Group

did bad at alevels what to do?

struggled through a levels due to unforeseen circumstances and achieved CCC. Now choosing to resit being in a better situation and hoping to achieve between AAC and above.
choosing to resist means an extra year of education yet Ihope to go to uni in 2024
applying on my CCC for a mathematics or engineering degree is not ideal.
I'd like to apply through clearing on my new better grades yet I'm worried about the amount of choice in clearing
would greatly appreciate anyone's opinions good or bad
Reply 1
If you are resitting, you do not need to wait for Clearing - you can just put in a new UCAS application with 5 choices now.
However - why are you only resitting two subjects? That C grade is always going to hold you back.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
If you are resitting, you do not need to wait for Clearing - you can just put in a new UCAS application with 5 choices now.
However - why are you only resitting two subjects? That C grade is always going to hold you back.

sorry for the late reply. I am now resitting all 3 subjects. if I wait for clearing I can apply on my good grades, if I don't I have to apply with a CCC, is that not the case?
Original post by jorge26
sorry for the late reply. I am now resitting all 3 subjects. if I wait for clearing I can apply on my good grades, if I don't I have to apply with a CCC, is that not the case?

You have nothing to lose by applying now. You cannot apply though clearing without a ucas application anyway. If you get rejected you can then use clearing so you get the best of both worlds.

As far as Maths is concerned and I suspect the same for Engineering most universities end up in clearing. Around a dozen top ones wont but the rest will be in clearing. At least that is what has happened over the years. Somewhere like Imperial you can forget and even places like Warwick will require A*A*A as well as STEP so with AAC your options will be limited and anywhere accepting that is likely to be in clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending