The Student Room Group

Which medical schol offer should I take?

Hi, I have recieved 3 offers but I have narrowed it down to UEA and HYMS. (Hull campus, so new facilities etc). I have looked into the courses and they are very similar, so I'd be interested in current students/other applicants views. I went to the Hull open day and I was extremely surprised and impressed, but I couldn't make it to UEA on such short notice. Which offer would you take?
Thank you!
Sorry about the title 😂 *school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
What are the hospitals like/research facilities for each - that is what I would base it on
Original post by XavierMyshkin
What are the hospitals like/research facilities for each - that is what I would base it on

Thank you, I will think about this :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hey there :-) Congrats on your offers! If the courses are quite similar then I would suggest thinking about things like hospitals/research facilities. Also think about the uni locations, acommdatinon, price of living, how much you'll have to travel, how big the unis are, how diverse the students bodies are etc. On a personal note, I can't speak for UEA, but for what it's worth, I have several friends at HYMS who really like it there!

Best of luck,

Alex, 4th year UCL medic
6med
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 6med
Hey there :-) Congrats on your offers! If the courses are quite similar then I would suggest thinking about things like hospitals/research facilities. Also think about the uni locations, acommdatinon, price of living, how much you'll have to travel, how big the unis are, how diverse the students bodies are etc. On a personal note, I can't speak or UEA, but for what it's worth, I have several friends at HYMS who really like it there!

Best of luck,

Alex, 4th year UCL medic
6med

Thank you very much :smile: I think I will be going to HYMS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
If you don't mind sharing, what were your grades for GCSE and your work experience?
Original post by ZeeVee1
If you don't mind sharing, what were your grades for GCSE and your work experience?

7A* and 3A
GP, medical research placement, volunteering at a hospice and at a disabled school :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending