The Student Room Group

med schol interview

don't know wether to script answer or write general bullet points and naturally talk around those points . Ive heard people saying you shouldn't script answers as sounds unnatural but then heard ytbers like KharmaMedic say that you should 100% script ur answer and you can practise sounding natural . Any opinion is appreciated
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 1
I’ve not done medicine but I did vet med, I am really against scripting answers as many of the questions you shouldn’t need a script for. There’s nothing wrong with bullet pointing some ideas to get your thoughts aligned but realistically if you need to script an answer like ‘why do you want to be a doctor’ or ‘why medicine and not nursing’ you probably aren’t going into the right career. I also think if you script answers and they ask you something unexpected you are going to panic as you won’t have a prepared answer, your natural way of answering will be different from a scripted answer so again they will see what you’ve scripted and what you haven’t.

They will know people would have ‘prepared’ for the interviews but taking a minute to pause and think about a natural answer and then just seeing your natural thought processes on the spot is not a bad thing, if anything that’s more likely to set you apart from the hundreds of applicants that will be robotically answering questions!
Reply 2
Original post by ALEreapp
I’ve not done medicine but I did vet med, I am really against scripting answers as many of the questions you shouldn’t need a script for. There’s nothing wrong with bullet pointing some ideas to get your thoughts aligned but realistically if you need to script an answer like ‘why do you want to be a doctor’ or ‘why medicine and not nursing’ you probably aren’t going into the right career. I also think if you script answers and they ask you something unexpected you are going to panic as you won’t have a prepared answer, your natural way of answering will be different from a scripted answer so again they will see what you’ve scripted and what you haven’t.

They will know people would have ‘prepared’ for the interviews but taking a minute to pause and think about a natural answer and then just seeing your natural thought processes on the spot is not a bad thing, if anything that’s more likely to set you apart from the hundreds of applicants that will be robotically answering questions!

thanks , good to hear others view on the matter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending