The Student Room Group

Institute of Economic Affairs Internship

I am applying to the IEA internship for this summer and wondered if anyone had any advice on writing my application letter. Do I need to sell myself like in a PS (i.e. I am doing an EPQ on economics and this has led me to do ... and this means that I am interested in this internship because...) ? Do I need to just explain why I want to do it?
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by emmak10
I am applying to the IEA internship for this summer and wondered if anyone had any advice on writing my application letter. Do I need to sell myself like in a PS (i.e. I am doing an EPQ on economics and this has led me to do ... and this means that I am interested in this internship because...) ? Do I need to just explain why I want to do it?
Thanks

The deadline has passed...
Reply 2
Original post by ralphie
The deadline has passed...

I thought it had but there's nothing on the website so I thought it was worth a shot anyway
Reply 3
Original post by emmak10
I thought it had but there's nothing on the website so I thought it was worth a shot anyway

The website says the deadline was 31st march. You can try, maybe som spaces left
Reply 4
Original post by ralphie
The website says the deadline was 31st march. You can try, maybe som spaces left

Oh oops. Thanks anyway, did you apply?
Reply 5
Original post by emmak10
Oh oops. Thanks anyway, did you apply?

yeah i did
Deadline has passed it was the 31st of March.
Reply 7
Original post by ralphie
yeah i did

ah, good luck
Reply 8
Original post by will_jg
Deadline has passed it was the 31st of March.

thanks
Reply 9
Original post by emmak10
ah, good luck

There were 120 places, i'd suggest you apply and apologise for being late because I reckon you may still have a chance
Reply 10
Original post by ralphie
There were 120 places, i'd suggest you apply and apologise for being late because I reckon you may still have a chance

Thank you- I hope so
Has anyone heard back from them yet?
Original post by theajoyce
Has anyone heard back from them yet?

Yes, I got an offer
Hi there! I am interested in applying for an IEA internship and I was just wondering what sort of things did you guys put in your application?

Quick Reply

Latest