The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Wahey! Exciting new development! Trinity have let me in for maths after all, even though I got a 1 and a 2 in step instead of two 1s. Guess that makes me a Trinity mathmo though. I could think of worse things to be mind. :biggrin:

Anyway, I'll fill in the details again:
Name (preferably real): Andrew Sugden
Subject: Mathematics
College: Trinity
Grades achieved: AAAA in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics and 1,2 in STEP
Good enough to get in? (Yes if you didn't meet your offer but got accepted anyway) Yes! (Though was a bit unnerving for the last 24 hours)
Future plans: Right now have a happy day but later calm down and prepare a bit.
fishpaste
wellmy results were a tad cruddy, AABB + 2:2, but they let me in anyway, which I'm infinitely grateful for :biggrin:

Great stuff! :smile:
Reply 182
rockindemon
omg guess what guys! as u might no i was on a downer yesterday with AABBB and 2marks of an A in 1 and 9marks in the other 2.

just had a call from the admissions guy at st catz and....IM IN....let the good times roll. :cool:

WAHEY!!! See ya in lectures then!!!!

G
Reply 183
mobbdeeprob
That's great!!!

I got 5 As! :smile:

I don't know how it happened in Econ though, but I'm not complaining.

Have a good night, last night?

Well done!!!! Those are brilliant grades!!!

Yeah..was cool...went out for dinner with the family....spent the afternoon with my mates....most people i know got the grades they needed...so there was much to celebrate!! :smile:

G
Reply 184
meepmeep
Wahey! Exciting new development! Trinity have let me in for maths after all, even though I got a 1 and a 2 in step instead of two 1s. Guess that makes me a Trinity mathmo though. I could think of worse things to be mind. :biggrin:

Grades achieved: AAAA in Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics and 1,2 in STEP
Good enough to get in? (Yes if you didn't meet your offer but got accepted anyway) Yes! (Though was a bit unnerving for the last 24 hours)

Well done, you definitely deserve it.
Reply 185
meepmeep

Heard you were under debate, really pleased to hear they made the right decision. Well done I'm sure you'll have a great time. And I'll see you in lectures =D
Reply 186
beauford
Well done, you definitely deserve it.

Thanks a lot, though it doesn't really compare to your two S grades. Massive congratulations for that and will be great to speak to you again in October.
Reply 187
fishpaste
Heard you were under debate, really pleased to hear they made the right decision. Well done I'm sure you'll have a great time. And I'll see you in lectures =D

I look forward to it. To be honest, when I phoned up yesterday morning, they told me not to hold out much hope as there were only a few places left, so I was expecting to get perhaps pooled at best, but to get into my first choice college is just fantastic. Are we getting some workbook through the post to do before we arrive by the way?
Reply 188
Acaila
Must.....not....appply....to....Emmmmmmmmaaaa........arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Might I interest you in the picture below?

I really recommend you guys check out Kathie's work from Cambridge Art. She's done sketches of all the Cambridge colleges, and they're really beautiful.

Glad to hear about all the people who missed their offers but got in. :smile:
Reply 189
meepmeep
I look forward to it. To be honest, when I phoned up yesterday morning, they told me not to hold out much hope as there were only a few places left, so I was expecting to get perhaps pooled at best, but to get into my first choice college is just fantastic. Are we getting some workbook through the post to do before we arrive by the way?

That's Trinity I guess, I know people who got in with 2,3, it'd be a ridiculous shame to not get in with 1,2. I heard about your top five in further maths too!

I'm not sure, I've had a letter from Clare which just briefly detailed some financial arrangements, and told I'd get a freshers pack in the first/second week of september.
Reply 190
Awww look how sweet Binson is :smile:
Thanks Squishy {huggles}
Reply 191

Ohhhhh ye would.
Reply 192
Squishy
Might I interest you in the picture below?

I really recommend you guys check out Kathie's work from Cambridge Art. She's done sketches of all the Cambridge colleges, and they're really beautiful.

Glad to hear about all the people who missed their offers but got in. :smile:

Very cool. Unfortunately I can't get the pictures to come up high res, so I can't show you any and remind you exactly how gorgeous Clare is :tongue:
Reply 193
Acaila
Awww look how sweet Binson is :smile:
Thanks Squishy {huggles}

*bricky hugs*

Don't worry, I was tempted by other colleges as well, but I must keep your eyes focused on the true path. :tongue:
Reply 194
The one true bricky path :smile:

And fishpaste, nice but no cigar :tongue:
Reply 195
That's right, follow the redbrick road!

And we can walk on the grass. :biggrin:

Helenia
Very cool. Unfortunately I can't get the pictures to come up high res, so I can't show you any and remind you exactly how gorgeous Clare is :tongue:

The pictures can take a little while to load up in high res. I really like the first Clare painting...reminds me of Monet's Japanese Footbridge for some reason.
Reply 196
Name (preferably real): Chris
Subject: English
College: Queens'
Grades achieved: As in English Lit, Classics, Maths, Further Maths, General Studies at A2, and History, Latin and Critical Thinking AS. + Merit in Maths AEA and Distinction in English AEA (from L6th).
Good enough to get in? Yes.
Future plans: PhD concerning literature, to learn French and Russian, to write criticism / novels / poetry. Perhaps I should also make more posts?
Reply 197
:eek: Wow those are amazing results!
Reply 198
fishpaste
I heard about your top five in further maths too!

Further Maths?!?! :eek:

I got one in physics, but further maths is a lot harder!
Reply 199
how do you know if you're top 5 or whatever?

Latest

Trending

Trending