The Student Room Group

What if I can't do exams in June?

I am supposed to be doing the IGCSE English Language Edexcel exams in June. I am doing the work via distance learning and would take the exams at a private exam centre. If for some reason I couldn't do the exams in June, would it be possible to do the exam at a later date? If so, when? I know the specification is changing for the English language IGCSE so that could have implications ?
Next year, probably.
The syllabus is changing but I think you're still allowed to do the old syllabus for a couple of years; I did a science GCSE after the spec changed.
Original post by moon4
I am supposed to be doing the IGCSE English Language Edexcel exams in June. I am doing the work via distance learning and would take the exams at a private exam centre. If for some reason I couldn't do the exams in June, would it be possible to do the exam at a later date? If so, when? I know the specification is changing for the English language IGCSE so that could have implications ?

The timetable for the changes is clearly laid out on the Edexcel web site, look for the igcse 9-1 web pages.
Exams for the current English specification will be available until the last assessment in January 2018.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by gdunne42
The timetable for the changes is clearly laid out on the Edexcel web site, look for the igcse 9-1 web pages.
Exams for the current English specification will be available until the last assessment in January 2018.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you please provide me the the link? How can this be the case when I've just looked at an email from February from student support from the distance learning organisation I'm doing the course with and they say summer 2017 is the last time the exam can be taken but resit can be taken in January 2018. Is that what you are referring too, a resit exam?

But if I missed out on the exam in June's 2018, can you just do a resit in January without ever having done a prior exam? Does this put a black mark on your academic record/grade?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest