The Student Room Group

OCR r001 gcse this summer 2017?

i need to know the day to day workings of a car sales showroom and a breakdown repair service and how hardware and software are required yo support the businesses functions.
I'm taking the exam in 11 days, so hopefully I can help. My teacher gave us a list of what OCR said we need to specifically revise, which includes:

Databases

Data Protection Act

Acceptable Use Policy

Diary Management

Cloud Storage

Collaborative Working

Multimedia Presentations

Copyright, Design and Patents Act

GPS

Barcodes

Smartphones

Of course you should familiarise yourself with as much content from R001 as possible, though try and focus on those from the list above and any other topics you think might be in the exam based on the scenario. Note that anything could potentially come up, even things not on that list and not on the scenario.

What I've already done is created mind-maps using coggle.it for every topic in that list so I can easily revise them, also including points on how the businesses in the scenario could use that technology. Now what I'm doing is going over those mind-maps, answering practise questions and making flashcards to try and get specific information into long-term memory. quizlet.com is a big help when revising specific information. Completing past papers (available here under the past papers section on the OCR website) will also help you familiarise yourself with what type of questions will be in the exam paper.

In terms of getting the correct information to revise from, BBC Bitesize and Teach ICT are fantastic free websites though they don't contain content specific to R001 and rather to GCSE ICT as a whole. If you have textbooks at school, try asking your teacher if you can borrow one to take home until you have completed your exam. I also find that the revision guide is really good for giving you the most important information for each topic summarised in an easy-to-learn format.

And finally, try speaking to your teacher if you're unsure of where to go next, they will probably have some good advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending