The Student Room Group

EE problem

Hey guys, I am having trouble figuring out which EE rubric we are supposed to use. I am doing an english EE, and my ib coordinator gave me a general rubric that supposedly applies to all subjects (24 marks) and a subject-specific rubric (12 marks). However, I have also found online an extended essay rubric that has only generalized criteria, with no subject-specific assessment. It seems to be an authentic IB rubric, and states that it is the 2007 rubric. Has the rubric been modified recently, and has my coordinator given me the wrong one?

Thanks for any help in advance.
why don't you provide a link, i think there were some changes being made to the syllabus but i didn't think they were going to apply to exams until the year after next.
I've been told that the criterions were seperated into subject specific and general....I think your teacher's on the right track...the one on the website may be an updated version of the general criteria...
Reply 3
hey guys, sorry i should have posted the links to make this clearer. The link below is the type of rubric given to me by my IBC, with both general and subject-specific criteria:

http://www.thereforeib.net/EE%20Feedback.pdf

The next link below is the other one I found online, which has only a general criteria. There is a breakdown of how the general criteria applies to each subject, though there is no actual subject-specific criteria.

http://coralreef.dadeschools.net/portal/wps/pdf/Magnet%20Programs/ibis/Extended%20Essay%20Guide%20for%202009%20on.pdf

If any of you guys could take the time to check these links out and give me your thoughts, that would be great. I'm really confused about which one to use for my english EE :s-smilie:
Yes. You have to follow both the general one, as well as those specific to your subject
Reply 5
Alright, just making sure, so i should use the rubric from the first link i posted (with 24 marks generalized, 12 subject-specific) as opposed to the second rubric i posted (36 marks generalized, no subject-specific marks)? I know I keep repeating the question but I just really don't want to mess this up :redface: . I just don't understand why there are 2 different EE assessment methods found online! Any confirmation in either direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys.
Reply 6
Just thought I would give this thread one last shot, before I let it die in peace :smile:.

Latest

Trending

Trending