The Student Room Group

I hate english lit!!!!!

I am very stressed about the up and coming English Literature Unit 2; The Study of Prose exam. Does anyone have any advice about how to approach Inspector Calls and Poetry? Thanks. How are you revising Inspector Calls and Poetry? There is just so much and so little time :'(
Heres how I go about poetry comparison (I'm doing AQA Power and conflict btw):

Open paragraph- discuss similarities and differences of the two poems and the significance of the titles.
Second paragraph- compare the structure, how both structures are effective, you don't have to draw strong links between the two or talk about them in parallel.
Third, fourth and fifth paragraph- three points of comparison, one being that both use vivid imagery. Two other points could be ambiguous pronouns or themes of suffering or whatever.
Sixth- conclusion.
Reply 2
Original post by WubWubCat
Heres how I go about poetry comparison (I'm doing AQA Power and conflict btw):

Open paragraph- discuss similarities and differences of the two poems and the significance of the titles.
Second paragraph- compare the structure, how both structures are effective, you don't have to draw strong links between the two or talk about them in parallel.
Third, fourth and fifth paragraph- three points of comparison, one being that both use vivid imagery. Two other points could be ambiguous pronouns or themes of suffering or whatever.
Sixth- conclusion.

Thank you very helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending