The Student Room Group

realised i chose the wrong alevel too late

hi, when i initially chose my alevels, i picked economics, maths and spanish, with the intent of studying economics at uni. then i quickly realised i hated econ and switched to to history - wanting to study law at uni instead. but now it’s the start of term 2, and (don’t ask why because i have no clue!) but i guess it never crossed my mind to also switch maths to something like english lit instead - (i got a 9 in eng lit but a 7 in maths, and im currently struggling to grasp the basic concepts in maths). i’m worried its way too late to switch to english lit, although i know i would get a better grade in it. should i try my luck at switching subjects or is it so late it’s not worth it, as i would’ve missed so much ? thanks x
Reply 1
Original post by yeonjung
hi, when i initially chose my alevels, i picked economics, maths and spanish, with the intent of studying economics at uni. then i quickly realised i hated econ and switched to to history - wanting to study law at uni instead. but now it’s the start of term 2, and (don’t ask why because i have no clue!) but i guess it never crossed my mind to also switch maths to something like english lit instead - (i got a 9 in eng lit but a 7 in maths, and im currently struggling to grasp the basic concepts in maths). i’m worried its way too late to switch to english lit, although i know i would get a better grade in it. should i try my luck at switching subjects or is it so late it’s not worth it, as i would’ve missed so much ? thanks x

Hi! I’d recommend speaking to someone in your college (or whatever kind of place you are at) about it and see what they have to say. If you’re still allowed to switch this late in, and you think it would be better for you in the long run then definitely go for it. Someone in one of my classes switched subjects to English half way through the year, so it’s definitely possible. It’s just whether your specific college would allow it, and whether you’d feel comfortable doing it. If you put the effort in to it I’m sure you’d be able to catch up. I hope this helps! Good luck with whatever you decide!

Quick Reply

Latest