The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of southampton vs East anglia

Stuck between Southampton and east Anglia and want to study accounting and finance this year! Here's a summary of my reasoning's.
On the one hand I like Southampton more as I like the uni campus, the place and it is higher in the league tables and the course look abit more interesting, although the course look harder and there s more too it.
East Anglia however has beat Southampton in all of the stuff like student satisfaction, teaching quality and the number of firsts and upper seconds students get. Although I dont like the campus, the big accommodation floors or the people I met when I went for an applicant day (students studying there and students in my year) they just didn't seem like people I would get along with.
I just wanted to know what would you chose if you had the choice, or if you know anything about either uni I would love to hear from you, I don't know anything really about the student life or night life, also if you are studying there currently then what is the teaching like or the course, is it hard, is the teaching lacking?
Please help!!
Hey there,

Firstly, congratulations on your offers!

It sounds like you've already looked into statistics, but here's a comparison from Unistats between UEA and Southampton:
accountancyandfinance.PNG

Also, according to The Complete University Guide League Table, UEA is 14th whilst Southampton is 17th, so UEA is actually higher in the league table! :smile: I know you mentioned that you thought the Southampton course had more to it, but have you looked at the optional modules you could choose from at UEA?

As for Norwich itself, there is so much to do on campus and in the city. On campus, we have the LCR which runs plenty of club nights, and lots of gigs too! Then, in the city (only a twenty minute bus ride away) you can find lots of amazing pubs, and lots of clubs too, so however you like to go out there's somewhere to go! You might like to read this short piece about Norwich nightlife.

You might also like this video about campus life:
[video="youtube;LTF9EOqy9L8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTF9EOqy9L8[/video]

I know you said you didn't like the UEA campus (:frown:), but we'd recommending visiting again at a Mini Open Day. There is a lot of concrete, but there are also 200 hectares of beautiful parkland around UEA, including our stunning lake! There's also a really amazing atmosphere on campus: it's a really friendly, welcoming place.

I hope that answers some of your questions, and don't hesitate to get in touch if you have more queries.

Good luck making your decision!

Rowan
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by notenoughstudyin
Stuck between Southampton and east Anglia and want to study accounting and finance this year! Here's a summary of my reasoning's.
On the one hand I like Southampton more as I like the uni campus, the place and it is higher in the league tables and the course look abit more interesting, although the course look harder and there s more too it.
East Anglia however has beat Southampton in all of the stuff like student satisfaction, teaching quality and the number of firsts and upper seconds students get. Although I dont like the campus, the big accommodation floors or the people I met when I went for an applicant day (students studying there and students in my year) they just didn't seem like people I would get along with.
I just wanted to know what would you chose if you had the choice, or if you know anything about either uni I would love to hear from you, I don't know anything really about the student life or night life, also if you are studying there currently then what is the teaching like or the course, is it hard, is the teaching lacking?
Please help!!

Southampton is Russell group but UEA is not, something to consider because emplyers will look at that in the future. League tables vary from year to year, by the time you leave uni its position above or below uea will change, but it will always be russell group.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending