The Student Room Group

Stuck Between two Courses

Hi,

There are two uni's I'm looking at right now; Sheffield Hallam and Keele. In Sheffield, I'd be doing Business Studies and Human Resource Management and in Keele I'd be doing Business Management and Human Resources.

Keele seems to offer a better course, in a better uni, however it does not offer a year in industry like Sheffield does. Keele beats Sheffield on most of the unistats categories except for employment after 6 months.

I'm choosing between a uni that seems better or a uni that seems not as good but better for employability.

Help!
Original post by Mcgeary1998
Hi,

There are two uni's I'm looking at right now; Sheffield Hallam and Keele. In Sheffield, I'd be doing Business Studies and Human Resource Management and in Keele I'd be doing Business Management and Human Resources.

Keele seems to offer a better course, in a better uni, however it does not offer a year in industry like Sheffield does. Keele beats Sheffield on most of the unistats categories except for employment after 6 months.

I'm choosing between a uni that seems better or a uni that seems not as good but better for employability.

Help!

Keele do offer internships and placements - https://www.keele.ac.uk/internships/forstudentsandgraduates/internshipsforkeelestudentsgraduates/ - it's just not a standard part of your course but something you'd need to partly arrange for yourself to take a placement year.

If you like Keele then go for Keele. You're more employable with a good degree from somewhere that suited you than with a part degree/drop out/low classification from going somewhere that didn't suit you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending