The Student Room Group

difference between bachelors and masters in nursing

what would be the difference between bachelors and masters in nursing and is it better for me to do 4 years and get a masters or not significant
Original post by chidnma
what would be the difference between bachelors and masters in nursing and is it better for me to do 4 years and get a masters or not significant

This is not significant unless you have the desire to later enter teaching or research within nursing. But most undergraduate applicants don't know that when they first apply. You're probably better off doing the 3 year Bsc and getting some clinical experience as a qualified nurse. Then you can decide if you would like to take your career further, and discover how to go about doing that.
I am a graduate of pure and industrial chemistry currently studying master in public health.
I want to go into nursing..midwifery to be precise here in UK.
should I opt for undergraduate or go for masters? any difference?
I haven studying nursing before.
so which is better
Reply 3
Original post by Maryann59
I am a graduate of pure and industrial chemistry currently studying master in public health.
I want to go into nursing..midwifery to be precise here in UK.
should I opt for undergraduate or go for masters? any difference?
I haven studying nursing before.
so which is better

Bachelor's = 3 years.
Masters = 4 year dual registered or 2 year pre reg if you've already done a degree.
I've not seen any masters in pre reg midwifery, but in all honesty, doing a masters gives you no advantage in the long run as you start work at the lowest point on the pay scale and at the bottom of the hierarchy whichever one you do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending