The Student Room Group

Postgraduate course

Good evening I would like to know if someone could help me.Thanks

This is the scenario:
I received an unconditional offer at Teesside University on 12th October and I immediately applied to understand if I was eligible for funding.

After 12 days I received a letter in which student finance informed me that the loan had been approved and BASED ON THIS I ACCEPTED THE PLACE AT THE UNIVERSITY AND A MADE SOME DECISIONS REGARDING MY JOB.

Unfortunately, the course date was wrong and I immediately contacted student finance and the operator, very kindly, advised me to download an online form and fill in the section regarding the change of circumstances or the start of the course. I sent everything the same day and after a few days I received an email informing me that Student Finance had received the new evidence.

Yesterday, I was looking on the website and I discovered that student finance have changed idea and that they are no longer intend to finance my studies as I have already attended a master's degree, nothing could be more inaccurate and false.

I called student finance again and the operator told me that the decision had been made because the full-time Public Health course did not appear on your system and I was advised to call the university and report this situation.

Once again I took action immediately and contacted the university who assured me that the "problem" had been resolved and that the system had been updated.

In addition, Tesside has confirmed to me that the Bachelor in Nursing obtained in 2022 is considered as ungraded studies and not as student finance support a postgraduate one.

Today I contacted the student finance team and they confirmed that Bachelor in Science is considered as postgraduate study.

I am looking forward for your reply and I hope that you can help me.
Original post by Katia Mansi
Good evening I would like to know if someone could help me.Thanks

This is the scenario:
I received an unconditional offer at Teesside University on 12th October and I immediately applied to understand if I was eligible for funding.

After 12 days I received a letter in which student finance informed me that the loan had been approved and BASED ON THIS I ACCEPTED THE PLACE AT THE UNIVERSITY AND A MADE SOME DECISIONS REGARDING MY JOB.

Unfortunately, the course date was wrong and I immediately contacted student finance and the operator, very kindly, advised me to download an online form and fill in the section regarding the change of circumstances or the start of the course. I sent everything the same day and after a few days I received an email informing me that Student Finance had received the new evidence.

Yesterday, I was looking on the website and I discovered that student finance have changed idea and that they are no longer intend to finance my studies as I have already attended a master's degree, nothing could be more inaccurate and false.

I called student finance again and the operator told me that the decision had been made because the full-time Public Health course did not appear on your system and I was advised to call the university and report this situation.

Once again I took action immediately and contacted the university who assured me that the "problem" had been resolved and that the system had been updated.

In addition, Tesside has confirmed to me that the Bachelor in Nursing obtained in 2022 is considered as ungraded studies and not as student finance support a postgraduate one.

Today I contacted the student finance team and they confirmed that Bachelor in Science is considered as postgraduate study.

I am looking forward for your reply and I hope that you can help me.

Hi Katia,

When you contact us and back and you were advised it is considered as postgraduate study, what did they advise they would do with your application?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Katia,

When you contact us and back and you were advised it is considered as postgraduate study, what did they advise they would do with your application?

Thanks,
Claire

Good morning,
Thank you so much for your reply.
Nothing they apologised however I sent a complaint as it is not true that my Bachelor in Science is considered as postgraduate study because if this were really the case, no one would be able to access a master's degree in the future unless they have the money to pay for it.

I am not able to sleep anymore because it is evident that they made a mistake.
Good morning,
Thank you so much for your reply.
Nothing they apologised however I sent a complaint as it is not true that my Bachelor in Science is considered as postgraduate study because if this were really the case, no one would be able to access a master's degree in the future unless they have the money to pay for it.

I am not able to sleep anymore because it is evident that they made a mistake.

We can't check on here what has happened, but if you wish for us to review this you can can call us on 0300 100 0607. Alternatively if you have made a complaint, they will reply to shortly with a reply.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Thanks Claire for your answer however I have already called that number and every time they gave me a different answer.
Thanks Claire for your answer however I have already called that number and every time they gave me a different answer.

Hi Katia,

I am sorry to hear that, however, as we can only provide general advice here with no account access, you will need to contact again.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending