The Student Room Group

Is it worth taking art for A level?

I have already chosen art for A levels but I'm not sure what you actually do in A levels. Is it the same as GCSEs? Plus I don't know if it will help me for what I want to do, which is to do animation or graphics
Original post by Chloe4091
I have already chosen art for A levels but I'm not sure what you actually do in A levels. Is it the same as GCSEs? Plus I don't know if it will help me for what I want to do, which is to do animation or graphics

I think it'll help for animation and graphics, there are definitely less relevant A-levels to that than Art..

From my understanding, you do a lot of coursework yes, but also study the history of art and analyse different artists, I had friends doing it who went to present their work at the V&A Museum too... fun!
Reply 2
Original post by Chloe4091

What I understand about Art A-level is that is it is similar to GCSE but you have a load more work

Quick Reply

Latest