The Student Room Group

taking art a level alongside chem, bio and math a levels

i am one term into year 12 and i really regret not taking art, so i spoke to my art teacher about it and she said it’s not too late as they have only started doing their main project.
i’m doing good with As and Bs (A*s not introduced yet as im only in yr 12) in bio, chem and math, and i really love art. should i take it as a 4th subject?
Original post by pieloverfr
i am one term into year 12 and i really regret not taking art, so i spoke to my art teacher about it and she said it’s not too late as they have only started doing their main project.
i’m doing good with As and Bs (A*s not introduced yet as im only in yr 12) in bio, chem and math, and i really love art. should i take it as a 4th subject?

If you feel you could cope with the workload, then it is worth considering, although it would probably be useful to speak to your other subject teachers as well. Is there anything in particular you are considering in the future?
Reply 2
Pointless - you are clearly heading for a STEM degree, so you dont need a qualification in Art.
Art is very demanding at A level and time-consuming. It could compromise all of your other grades.

Continue with it as just a hobby - take some casual classes at your local HE college, or find a local art group.

Quick Reply

Latest