The Student Room Group

PhD Distance Learning

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of a PhD by distance learning. I'm close to making an application to Manchester and Lancaster to do a Part time distance learning PhD.

Would I be too lonely and isolated? How would i form a relationship with my supervisor? Am i disciplined enough?

Any comments welcome

Thanks
Doing a PhD is lonely enough - personally I wouldnt have wanted to make it even worse by trying to do it entirely off campus.
Reply 2
Original post by roratone
Just wondering if anyone has any experience of a PhD by distance learning. I'm close to making an application to Manchester and Lancaster to do a Part time distance learning PhD.

Would I be too lonely and isolated? How would i form a relationship with my supervisor? Am i disciplined enough?

Any comments welcome

Thanks

I'm doing a part time PhD several hours off-campus at Durham (in their business school, DUBS) and have had a great experience!

I looked at a few other Unis but Durham was the most flexible with an amazing supervisor that matched perfectly with my topic. I also found most Unis don't offer a part time PhD in finance.

Happy to talk about it, send me PM!!!!

Best of luck!!!!

Cheers,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending