The Student Room Group

An Inspector Calls - Quotes

Please, if anybody has any ideas, could you list the important quotes in 'An Inspector Calls!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No, that's your job. The best thing to do is to read through the play again, and when you think you have come across something significant, jot it down. They usually jump out at you.
Reply 2
Ooh, I did this for GCSE.
^ Me too.

I love this book. =)
Reply 4
Yeah, it was good :smile:

Did you do Of Mice And Men too?
Yeah. I'm guessing we both did WJEC English Lit. =)
Reply 6
Why, certainly:

"If you were your father, I doubt very much that I would have kissed you."

"How can an idiot be a policeman? Answer me that."

"I enjoy reality as much as the next man. It’s just that in my case, fortunately, reality includes a good stiff belt every now and then."

"Your Highness, if I were the Phantom, I'd have chosen my victim already."

I hope this helps.
Reply 7
I did both on OCR. :cool:
Reply 8
Profesh
Why, certainly:

"Your Highness, if I were the Phantom, I'd have chosen my victim already."

"If you were your father, I doubt very much that I would have kissed you."

"How can an idiot be a policeman? Answer me that."

"I enjoy reality as much as the next man. It’s just that in my case, fortunately, reality includes a good stiff belt every now and then."

I hope this helps.

I believe the OP asked for important quotes, not ones you found funny. I would have thought someone of your stature would notice things like that. Clearly not the case. :p:
Reply 9
<(+_+)>
Yeah. I'm guessing we both did WJEC English Lit. =)

Yup lol :p: What did you get? I got an A.
I got an A too. =)

Although I got a B in English Language. Ick.
<(+_+)>
I got an A too. =)

Although I got a B in English Language. Ick.

Cool :biggrin:

I got an A* in Lang, hence why I chose it over Lit for A-level.

I'm guessing you had to analyse a poem at the end of the Lit paper too? I can't remember what the hell it was on now... :p:
Mine was 'In the can'. Something about a man in prison I think.
<(+_+)>
Mine was 'In the can'. Something about a man in prison I think.

Haha yeah, that was it! :p:
I did this and 'Of Mice and Men' too, we were very lucky in the books we read cos they were ace lol. Shame my sister ruined the ending of 'An Inspector Calls' for me :frown:

When i went to see the play one of actresses had an asthma attack half way through so they had to put the curtain down and take her to hospital, the play resumed about 15mins later with ther undercast, i gues the show really must go on lol
I still don't get 'An Inspector Calls' :p: Was Goole a ghost of their consciences? Or... what?
^ Lol, I thought he was just a man trying to teach them a lesson. =s
Yeah, but there's the theory that he was a ghost as well... hm, I don't know :p:
it was never really explained if he was a ghost or just some man trying to teach them a lesson, i leant more towards him being a ghost. I can't really remember the play that much though as it was like 3 years ago that i read it lol.
Ohh, I did this for Standard Grade

It was one of the most boring things ever if I recall rightly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending