The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology B A-level

Scroll to see replies

For the glycosidic bond did you have to invert it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lmao that venn diagram harder than s1
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
Lmao that venn diagram harder than s1

so true
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Yeah the question before that was substitution, but the Q after mentioned another mutation of a different gene

So multiple answers then, depending on chosen mutation?
Omg i agreee aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you guys get for the Q about the photons of light and the following Q about why it's an underestimate? My answer was a madness lmao.

Also the Q about the build up of lactae and proteins?
Original post by thefailurelife
For the glycosidic bond did you have to invert it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oxygen was on top
2 hydrogens were below

drew structure of water next to it too
Reply 67
For the protein shortening one, I said the the substitution caused a codon coding for an amino acid to code for a stop signal, which meant the protein only formed up to that point
What did you guys get for the Q about the photons of light and the following Q about why it's an underestimate? My answer was a madness lmao.

Most light passing through plant not absorbed, wrong wavelength, wrong angle etc, so more needed to fix all carbon
number was 1 time 10 to the 11

lactate question i answered earlier, check last page
Original post by AidenJK
For the protein shortening one, I said the the substitution caused a codon coding for an amino acid to code for a stop signal, which meant the protein only formed up to that point

makes sense as well
i think there were quite a few right answers there
Reply 70

I said that it was because lots of the carbon fixed would be released in respiration as CO2
others get 88.96% for venn?
Original post by Jkoo22
**** looks like I'm going to have to retake next year, goodbye undergrad medicine route

Same. :frown:

Yeah
Reply 74

I got 79%
Original post by AidenJK
I said that it was because lots of the carbon fixed would be released in respiration as CO2

So doesnt mean that those amount of photons wont fix that amount of carbon, it must be because some light is wrong wavelength, wrong angle etc so not absorbed and not used to fix
Original post by Jkoo22
I got 79%

I thin 88.96 was right
the total was 12500ish
the sum was like 196+892+9848+189 ish
im rounding here but it was near 90% overlap and it made sense with the diagram too
Reply 77
The 1-6 glycosidic bond thing with the MGDG and DGDG were horrible, I started off drawing the bond coming from carbon 4 (because they didnt draw in the OH and H groups, sneaky af) but then realised that the carbon 6, coming off the top had been left without any bonds drawn either, so I drew the C-O-C bond from there
Reply 78
Original post by Nitrogen09
Same. :frown:

Me three im speechless that was terrrrrrible
Reply 79
So doesnt mean that those amount of photons wont fix that amount of carbon, it must be because some light is wrong wavelength, wrong angle etc so not absorbed and not used to fix

But it said in the question that it was based on the amount of carbon actually in the bacteria, not the total amount that was fixed. So some of the carbon being lost in respiration is still carbon that would've been fixed but not be inside the bacteria.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending