The Student Room Group

Official AQA New Spec AS Physics Paper 1 - 23rd May 2017

Scroll to see replies

Bloody hell that was easy! Breezed through the paper with half an hour to spare! Felt so good to look around to see everyone else struggling; I could see the pain in their eyes. In GCSE physics I only got 99 UMS, but it feels great to know I've bettered myself like I always knew I would.:u:
Yeah me and my friends all got 108 but didn't get the inclined plane
Original post by Asked
What did you guys get for the electric wheel chair question? I got 108w for the first part and velocity of 0.13ms on the inclined plane :/
Agreed.
Original post by nerdgirl20
So upset :frown:
No suvat
No moments
No photoelectric effect
And the waves and mechanics questions were so confusing???
Original post by Ishan_2000
They'll be higher than last year, even though it was a harder paper, so I reckon 48-50/70 on this paper for an A

The grade boundaries are made so that the top 20 or so percentile get an A, so if the paper is harder, people are going to get fewer marks so the boundaries will obviously be lower
Lol 99
Original post by joeatkins45
Bloody hell that was easy! Breezed through the paper with half an hour to spare! Felt so good to look around to see everyone else struggling; I could see the pain in their eyes. In GCSE physics I only got 99 UMS, but it feels great to know I've bettered myself like I always knew I would.:u:
anyone seen an unnoficial anywhere?
Original post by joeatkins45

Couldn't agree with you more! As I came up to the last question with 35 minutes to spare, I glanced round my shoulder to see a girl in tears. Probably the greatest moment of my life! I achieved 100 UMS in GCSE Physics and I'll be happy to get it again this year.
God, that was awful. The double slit question was ridiculous and even the mechanics questions weren't great. Hopefully there grade boundaries are really low.
that paper was a mess
For the wheel chair one what component of weight did you get?? 12.1Pa?
Reply 30
What did everyone get for the wheelchair question?
Need to get an unofficial mark scheme going
Reply 32
Original post by Cockmuncherjub

The component of the weight down the slope was 92N, if I remember correctly.
Reply 33
Original post by Cockmuncherjub

I got 832N for the parallel weight of gravity
For speed I got .12 ms-1
How did people work out the tension in the wires holding up the 12m wire? I did cos65 * half the tension in the wire (can't remember the exact tension)
frequency 7.4

photyon energy 1.89 ev

590N

0.6ms-1

wavlength 0.028 ]

1.07x10^10 frequency
Original post by TomBarton
How did people work out the tension in the wires holding up the 12m wire? I did cos65 * half the tension in the wire (can't remember the exact tension)

u had to do tsin65=250
Original post by EuanFraser
Couldn't agree with you more! As I came up to the last question with 35 minutes to spare, I glanced round my shoulder to see a girl in tears. Probably the greatest moment of my life! I achieved 100 UMS in GCSE Physics and I'll be happy to get it again this year.

You are so funny ahahahahaha
EZZZZZZ
Reply 39
Original post by TomBarton

If I remember correctly, cos 65 = half tension in 12m wire / tension in cable. So the tension in the cable = half tension in the wire (which I think was 2.5 * 10^2) / cos 65.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending