The Student Room Group

Have I messed up my English Literature?

Hi,

I sat my English Literature paper 1 (AQA) the other day and I'm just worried that I may have messed up. I wrote three paragraphs on the extract and two paragraphs on the rest of the play and gave quotes or if I couldn't remember the exact quote I wrote what happens in that scene and how it relates (I did Macbeth and A Christmas Carol) I also forgot to integrate language and context into my paragraphs so I ended doing them as two separate paragraphs. I was unable to give an example for language in Macbeth so I just said Shakespeare uses passionate language throughout the play (I'm not really expecting any marks from that paragraph). A Christmas Carol I was able to give an example for language, I used the simile "as solitary as an Oyster" which I said implies Scrooge has a hard exterior but is soft and beautiful emotionally. So to summarise: 3 paragraphs on extract, 2 paragraphs on the rest of the play, 1 paragraph for context and another for language. I did this for both Macbeth and A Christmas Carol. If anyone could give me a rough idea of what I might get out of 60 than I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Original post by __CalFrench01
Hi,

I sat my English Literature paper 1 (AQA) the other day and I'm just worried that I may have messed up. I wrote three paragraphs on the extract and two paragraphs on the rest of the play and gave quotes or if I couldn't remember the exact quote I wrote what happens in that scene and how it relates (I did Macbeth and A Christmas Carol) I also forgot to integrate language and context into my paragraphs so I ended doing them as two separate paragraphs. I was unable to give an example for language in Macbeth so I just said Shakespeare uses passionate language throughout the play (I'm not really expecting any marks from that paragraph). A Christmas Carol I was able to give an example for language, I used the simile "as solitary as an Oyster" which I said implies Scrooge has a hard exterior but is soft and beautiful emotionally. So to summarise: 3 paragraphs on extract, 2 paragraphs on the rest of the play, 1 paragraph for context and another for language. I did this for both Macbeth and A Christmas Carol. If anyone could give me a rough idea of what I might get out of 60 than I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

English is so subjective that no one can really give you a definitive mark, so it's best just to not worry and move on, focus on doing the very best you can in the exams you have left, and try and claw back any marks you feel you may have lost :smile:
Reply 2
No point in worrying it's done now and i'm sure you will have done okay. All to play for on Lit Paper 2 :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest