The Student Room Group

English Lit Paper 1 2023 Went wrong 😭

Alright so everyone has been saying the test for English Literature was really easy, and it was a great question, which I agree but I completely messed up my whole exam by focusing mostly on the extract, rather than elsewhere in the play. I did Macbeth and Jane Eyre by the way but I only had one short quote for elsewhere in the books because I spent so long trying to formulate quotes from the extracts 😭 How many marks will I go down, because I need to prepare failure? 😩
Reply 1
Original post by mariellax22
Alright so everyone has been saying the test for English Literature was really easy, and it was a great question, which I agree but I completely messed up my whole exam by focusing mostly on the extract, rather than elsewhere in the play. I did Macbeth and Jane Eyre by the way but I only had one short quote for elsewhere in the books because I spent so long trying to formulate quotes from the extracts 😭 How many marks will I go down, because I need to prepare failure? 😩

I'm sure it probably didn't go as bad as you think and there is lots of time to bash out paper 2 to bring your grade up. Also, don't worry on mainly focusing on the extract as that is what most people do. If you want a rough estimate you could have got around 40/64 as a worst case scenario on your essays there us plenty of time t bring it up
Reply 2
ill be honest i shouldve spent more time on the christmas carol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending