The Student Room Group

Geography A Level Independent Investigation

So im starting an A level independent investigation and need a question to do it on. It has to relate to my specification and this year we have studied Globalisation and Regeneration so it must be related to tgese topics. Any general suggestions would be great as I need to create a hypothesis to investigate. I am mainly interested in political aspects of Geography and social inequality etc so hypothesis related to these topics would be best, thanks!
Hi,

If you are interested in social inequality and politics, why don't you do something on the UK leaving the EU? It will link with trade blocs, and is relevant to what is happening right now. For example when Scotland were voting to leave the UK, they allowed 16 year olds to also vote, however for Brexit it was only over 18s. You could do questionnaires to see what people think about this, and whether if they allowed 16 year olds to vote would it have changed the outcome.

Hope this has helped :smile: - I'm also struggling to think of an idea, but I want to do it in physical geography.
Reply 2
Hypothesis idea:There is a difference between people’s attitudes on regeneration at the Bullring and the Library of Birmingham.
Reply 3
There is a difference between people’s attitudes on regeneration at the Bullring and the Library of Birmingham.(Hypothesis idea)
Original post by Dilant27
So im starting an A level independent investigation and need a question to do it on. It has to relate to my specification and this year we have studied Globalisation and Regeneration so it must be related to tgese topics. Any general suggestions would be great as I need to create a hypothesis to investigate. I am mainly interested in political aspects of Geography and social inequality etc so hypothesis related to these topics would be best, thanks!
Reply 4
you could do it on coasts
Original post by ScienceWise2017
Hi,

If you are interested in social inequality and politics, why don't you do something on the UK leaving the EU? It will link with trade blocs, and is relevant to what is happening right now. For example when Scotland were voting to leave the UK, they allowed 16 year olds to also vote, however for Brexit it was only over 18s. You could do questionnaires to see what people think about this, and whether if they allowed 16 year olds to vote would it have changed the outcome.

Hope this has helped :smile: - I'm also struggling to think of an idea, but I want to do it in physical geography.

Quick Reply

Latest