The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hi
I can really hear how you feel, but try not to stress or get too down otherwise you'll find the next 2 years very difficult!
You have to make sure you set a side "non-work" time when you do whatever you want, you'll need it because nobody can survive if all they do is work solidly.
Having said that be conscientious with your work, when you're going to work do it, dont procrastinate! if you get bad grades then find out how to improve and learn from your mistakes, develop study skills!

The key is good time management!

Hope that helps
roserose
Hi
I can really hear how you feel, but try not to stress or get too down otherwise you'll find the next 2 years very difficult!
You have to make sure you set a side "non-work" time when you do whatever you want, you'll need it because nobody can survive if all they do is work solidly.
Having said that be conscientious with your work, when you're going to work do it, dont procrastinate! if you get bad grades then find out how to improve and learn from your mistakes, develop study skills!

Woops....seem to be doing that right now...i just spent 4 hrs on my History IA section B....give me a break >.<!!!

ps. new ibers don't be freaked...i'm in my 2nd year....depending on your previous years, the difficulty of IB differs for everyone. and i'm just about in the worst period of my IB career (october break, working on IAs, EE , TOK, and tests). So yea...good luck.
Reply 3
good luck for you t0o i relaized now that it's hard to be an
IB student!!
Reply 4
good luck for you t0o i relaized now that it's hard to be an
IB student!!

It is hard. I am in my second year, but you know wat, I am really relaxed since all of my assignments from internal assessments to lab reports to portfolio's to commentaries to world assignments, I finished all of this stuff during the summer of my first year and now I am relaxed and everything is going smooth!!!

At first, my grades dropped (A --> B+), but after first semester, you can see the difference (B+ back to A and higher)

Just like roserose said, you need to find out why your grades dropped and adopt ways in which you can study and life your life together without any clashes!!

GOOD LUCK to all
mankoosho
It is hard. I am in my second year, but you know wat, I am really relaxed since all of my assignments from internal assessments to lab reports to portfolio's to commentaries to world assignments, I finished all of this stuff during the summer of my first year and now I am relaxed and everything is going smooth!!!

LUCKY YOU!!! Is it even possible to complete all IA's and WL after just first year? I thought i was more relaxed than my friends for completing my uni stuff..but now that i see this!! I salute you /(*-*)
Reply 6
Depending on which classes you are taking and the teachers you got. So, best way, if you want to know about whether there is going to be any problem, ask people in your school who has the same class but in Y2 or something. Some teachers just speed right through the course while some lay back a bit. If they speed through, hopefully everything will be in Y1 and Y2 is totally for the external assessment. If they lay back, most likely, your IA stuff is in Y2.

I think it is possible to finish every single thing in Y1 though. My school, IB Geo SL people take their exam after Y1 and I absolutely have no idea what they do in Y2 (since their course is completely, totally done in the first year)
Yeah I'll help.
End questions with a question mark, i.e ?
So its, 'could you help me?' Not 'could you help me !!!'

The use of 'an' and 'a' is purely for singular use, therefore it is an IB student, not students.

There. You should be ok. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending