The Student Room Group

Parents of terminally ill Charlie Gard lose final court hearing

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40423371

The parents were seeking to bring their son to the US to receive treatment, but the court argued that this treatment would not work and may lead to him feeling more pain. His life support will now be turned off so he will die.
Sad. But I can't say I'm surprised.
I am absolutely not surprised by the number of replies this post has got. People are too busy talking about their crushes and pets.

When the parents have arranged all the cost and want to try last possible option (i.e. experimental treatment), the obvious reply from the judges is "Let him die in dignity. That experimental treatment could potentially be painful and may not end up working. Even if it works, the quality of life of the baby may not be good."
In the most likely event, where the treatment doesn't work, the parents will at least have tried everything and have some sort of satisfaction.

What actually happened (will happen) is that they're gonna feel guilty for not being strong enough to fight this cruel government in an attempt to save their son's life.
Original post by tangotangopapa2

What actually happened (will happen) is that they're gonna feel guilty for not being strong enough to fight this cruel government in an attempt to save their son's life.

It's not cruel. A decision has been made by medically trained people. We're not talking about some minor illness that just requires surgery. We're talking about a terminal illness here.

Surely, it's more cruel to keep a severely disabled child alive?
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending