The Student Room Group

Germany votes IN FAVOUR of same-sex marriage!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by AmeliaLost
Ah thanks, that makes... little sense...but explains a little. I'll read up on it :lol:

On the contrary to his statement, Germany is still very much a Christian country in many regards. Almost 50% of the population identify as Christian and it's still reflected throughout the country based on the Germans' attitude towards Sundays (gl finding anything to do), archaic laws which still exist because of religion (e.g. Tanzverbot), and the numbers of Muslims immigrants who are actually converting to Christianity.

Sure it's no Poland, but denying the influence of Christianity in Germany is very silly.
The great liberal leader voted against gay marriage?
They didn't already have gay marriage? I thought Germany was the second-gayest country (after France), and their flag is like two stripes away from the gay pride one.
Original post by Dandaman1
They didn't already have gay marriage? I thought Germany was the second-gayest country (after France), and their flag is like two stripes away from the gay pride one.

Merkel has spent the last 12 years blocking MPs from voting on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can see why someone would take the line that marriage should only be between a man and a woman, but only if they also had the condition that it had to be a man and a woman of their own religion. After all, two atheists aren't going to be getting married with even the pretence of following the mandate to 'go forth and multiply' in the way that a Christian (as is Merkel's party) couple would.

But alienating all non-Christians would lose too many votes but they think they can get away with targeting homosexuals.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending