The Student Room Group

How to do Software Testing?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jestersnow
ISTQB is the industry standard for software testing. They have a lot of excellent documentation around testing on their website. Testing can be done manually or automated using tools (like Selenium) and coding.

Extensibility is how you could add to your software project in the future. You will need to do regression testing if you extend your software. This means you don't just test the new part of your software, you test the existing parts too to make sure the new part is causing any issues with the existing platform.

Stability testing is how well your software copes under heavy usage. Say you build a Web application. You get one user to test and it works fine. How well does your Web application cope when 1000 users are hitting it at the same time? With stability testing you would usually consider automation for testing as you want to see the system performance over a period of time.

wow thanks

can you link me to more info ?
What language is your application written in?
Original post by amrit_sv
What language is your application written in?

mostly html and javascript
Original post by study beats
mostly html and javascript

Here ya go.
https://jasmine.github.io/
Take a look. You can document the tests in your coursework
Original post by amrit_sv
Here ya go.
https://jasmine.github.io/
Take a look. You can document the tests in your coursework

so what is that and how does it work ?
so what is that and how does it work ?

It is a javascript test framework that runs your code and you write assertions based on what your expected outcomes should be. You should show the tests assertions running your code and meeting your expected outcomes.

It is good idea to show that when you break your code the test fails.
does anyone know how to do testing?

i know what you have to do for testing, but i am unsure of the layout and what needs to be included

thanks for your help

Download this book: Software Testing: An ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation Guide

Then test your own knowledge using "ISTQB Dumps" mock papers here: www.iseb-software-testing.co.uk
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending