The Student Room Group

Cambridge Post A-level Application Written Work

I am thinking about re-applying to Cambridge if my results are as good as I am hoping they are. I have a concern about applying post A-level to an arts subject that requires an applicant to submit written work, like mine will.

Would I have to go back to my old college to have my previous teachers fill out the cover sheet for the essays I choose to submit? How have other applicants gone about this? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by hoopla115
I am thinking about re-applying to Cambridge if my results are as good as I am hoping they are. I have a concern about applying post A-level to an arts subject that requires an applicant to submit written work, like mine will.

Would I have to go back to my old college to have my previous teachers fill out the cover sheet for the essays I choose to submit? How have other applicants gone about this? Thanks

As per the replies to your other post... yes it would make sense to send new essays. Your previous essays would have been written prior to November 2016, so don't you have any written since?

And yes you would need new cover sheets.

Also, it's generally a good idea to reapply to a different college anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Doonesbury
As per the replies to your other post... yes it would make sense to send new essays. Your previous essays would have been written prior to November 2016, so don't you have any written since?

And yes you would need new cover sheets.

Also, it's generally a good idea to reapply to a different college anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In all honesty I didn't write many essays between that time and now, which seems strange but if I look through my saved files I might be able to find something. My strongest ones were written at a class I took at a uni related to my subject, and the professor really loved them. That was before November 2016.

I definitely plan on applying to a different college, still deciding which one.

So in this case is it normal for applicants to go back to their old colleges to have their old teachers fill out their cover sheets? I can't help but feel that is a bit awkward since my teachers would think I accepted my place at a different uni, no t that I decided to take a gap year.

Thank you for your advice!
Reply 3
Original post by hoopla115
In all honesty I didn't write many essays between that time and now, which seems strange but if I look through my saved files I might be able to find something. My strongest ones were written at a class I took at a uni related to my subject, and the professor really loved them. That was before November 2016.

I definitely plan on applying to a different college, still deciding which one.

So in this case is it normal for applicants to go back to their old colleges to have their old teachers fill out their cover sheets? I can't help but feel that is a bit awkward since my teachers would think I accepted my place at a different uni, no t that I decided to take a gap year.

Thank you for your advice!

It's probably best to double check with a couple of colleges.

So, wait, you told your old school you had a place elsewhere? They will know from UCAS that's not true... And you will need to ask them for an updated reference.
Reply 4
Original post by Doonesbury
It's probably best to double check with a couple of colleges.

So, wait, you told your old school you had a place elsewhere? They will know from UCAS that's not true... And you will need to ask them for an updated reference.

My situation is a bit complicated, I think I've done a poor job of explaining. I do have a place at a uni in my own country, not on UCAS which the teachers I was close to think I will be starting at this fall. I have yet to decide whether to reapply, take a gap year and withdraw from that uni, or not reapply at all. So they would probably be surprised to see me if I decided to go on a gap year after all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending